Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi-Beginner: Where to go? Abroad/Staying Home

Options
  • 02-09-2007 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Long story short, I've around a week and a half and really want to get back into surfing before college. I'm thinking either going abroad for a week very cheaply or going to tramore as I'm near waterford.

I've learnt how to ride about 3 years ago but havn't done anything since. I'll be joining the local club after september.

I've a budget of about 1000, If I was to go abroad, where do you all suggest I go to?

And if I say here?

I guess I'm looking for "hidden spots" (using the term that some people like to use) I'd prefer staying in europe, and going to a place where the conditions will be good for this time of year.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

These are the areas reccommended so far, but some may be over my budget.

Fuerteventura ..how to get to cheaply between the 4th and 10th?

Bay of Biscay ..where would the best area be?

Andalusia ...El Palmar? ..how to get to?

Suggestions? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 longboardirelan

Morocco is the spot for you. Cheap as and great surf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 local surfer

I think for consistency and ease of access and suitability for a beginner, the bay of Biscay would be best. So the South West of France would be the go. It has a deep water channel that magnifies swell, so even if it is small it should be rideable. It is basically one long beach, so plenty of space to find your own peak without having the hassle of worrying about others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 local surfer

Fuerte is great as well, but probably not for beginners, I'm still picking the sand out from the last time I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

Great help guys, Thank you both, Hopefully I'll get off a week from College and plan something :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement