Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law European Studies

Options
  • 02-09-2007 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi, I am a Leaving Cert for 2008, and am really thinking about doing this course, I would be picking German and Politics as my electives, I heard that it is a broad course, that you can go into other careers apart from Law, does anybody know if this is true? Any Comments would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

the law and euro course in UL is good, seems to get positive reviews from employers. It's an approved course by the law society for entrance into the king's inns and blackhall place to train to become a solicitor or barrister.

As far as I know over 50 % of law graduates don't go on to work in the law, they find employment in business, financial sector, politics, journalism, teaching, lecturing etc, so a law degree in general does not tie you down to the one area, this is especially so with the law and euro degree seeing as u have the extra modules in languages and politics/history/sociology. So yeah it's true you can definitely go into other careers apart from the law if you wanted. Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Nobody ever types an entire message in bold - i dont care if you intend on becoming president of UL its a bit ott. Best of luck with the leaving cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Queen_Tallulah

Don't do politics, so sociology, then you don't have exams. And if you don't go to anything else, make an effort to go to your language classes, they're pretty big on attendance marks.

Advertisement