Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Camera

Options
  • 02-09-2007 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Am loojking for a new camera, just a cheapish one for bringing on nights out etc

I dont really care about megapixels and all, the only thing is it must be small, so that it will easily fit in the pocket when im going out.

Any suggestions? Looking to spend about 100-200euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bonzer1again

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/525744/art/pentax/optio-e30.html
    And it only cost €130 on pixmania, when you buy it with a case and 1GB of memory. I've bought 2 as gifts and the people I gave them to love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Thanks Bonzer, its between your suggestion and these:
    7dayshop.com have a Sony DSC-S650 for £85 + shipping or a Canon PowerShot A460 for £78 + shipping.

Anyone know which would be the better and smaller?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

canon would be ALOT better... sony aren't the best for cameras at all at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Compare cameras at dpreview.com you will get side by side specs, dimensions, weight etc.

Or checkout a few of the stickies on the photo forum.

440Hz wrote:
    Compare cameras at dpreview.com you will get side by side specs, dimensions, weight etc.

Or checkout a few of the stickies on the photo forum.

Will do.
    Had a look at the suggested cameras in a camera shop nearby and they seem far to big. I want a slim one.
    Will have a look on the photo forum.

• Advertisement

According to dpreview, these are the lightest, so presumably slim, cameras on offer at the moment:

Canon PowerShot SD200
    Canon PowerShot SD30
    Canon PowerShot SD40
    Canon PowerShot SD20
    Canon PowerShot SD10
    Canon PowerShot SD300
    Canon PowerShot SD400
    Casio Exilim EX-Z30
    Casio Exilim EX-Z40
    Casio Exilim EX-Z60

The Casio's I have used and they are ultra-slim. No bad cameras either for what you want one for.

Included a pdf there for hte dp review results, not the easiest layout with the split pages but zoom in, or else check it out yourself by searching for the lightest option you can pick in the camera search criteria.

Thanks thats the type im looking for, a slim camera so it doesnt bulk out through the pockets!

There a 160euro, are they a good camera? I was hoping not to spend that much if possible and more around the 100mark, if anyone knows a camera similar in size to these for chaper then let me know! Or where is the cheapest place to buy one!

Also are they a really delicate camera?

thanks!

Went for the casio Exilm, got it for £99 with amazon. Looks a great deal.

Fingers crossed its a quality camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Went for the casio Exilm, got it for £99 with amazon. Looks a great deal.

Fingers crossed its a quality camera.

Got it with Amazon? I thought that they didn't ship electronic items to Ireland?? They changed their policy?

Sorry Im currently living in london. Sorry to get your hopes up!

• Advertisement

I think you will like that camera!! Good choice and happy snapping ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Sorry Im currently living in london. Sorry to get your hopes up!

Ah you backstard! You suck! :p

Advertisement