Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most declined team

• 02-09-2007 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭

Ok, other thread is getting some good discussion, thought it would be interested to see who people think will get worse.
    Since other teams get better, others will have to lose more to balance it out...

My picks:

Dolphins: 6-10 last year, I think 4-12 this year. The running game should be adequate, but I doubt that Green will be able to turn that offence around. Without a strong passing game, teams will rush Green, whos recovering from concussion last year, and focus on the running game.
    Defensively, they're not bad. Porter was a good addition. With Thomas next to him they wont get too badly beat, they just wont be able to out-score most imo.

Falcons, of course: 7-9 last year, 3-13 this year. Big decline I know, but they are in trouble. The loss of Vick takes away they're big game breaking playmaker, leaving Harrington at the helm, who is in no ways a game-breaker.
    The injury of Dunn leaves most of the running game on Norewood, who could have a good season, like Brown at Miami though, I think he'll become limited when teams shut down the QB. Without an every down go-to-guy, I think they'll struggle. You might say Crumpler will be a big player, but they can only get him the ball so often, and again, you're relying on Harrington...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Green Bay and Chiefs could be drop offs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Green Bay went from 4-12 to 8-8 last year with a Rookie head coach and 3 rookies on the O-line. They are not going to do worse than 8-8.

Atlanta, Chicago and Oakland will disimprove the most. Chargers down a fair bit, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

is it really possible for a 2-14 team to disimprove?!

Chiefs, Falcons, Colts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

Slow coach wrote:
    Atlanta, Chicago and Oakland will disimprove the most. Chargers down a fair bit, too.

After last season it would be quite a challenge for the Raiders to disimprove.

Personally, I think the Ravens' record will decline the most. I think they will struggle to make the playoffs this season with tough competition in their own division. They also play a really tough string of games midseason which include San Diego, New England and Indy in a row.

I fancy the Bears to win their division. I think they will surprise a lot of people. Lovie Smith is a great coach and I think they could make the superbowl again.

I think I was mixing them up with someone else, I thought they were 8-8 last year. :rolleyes:

Looking at last year's standings, Eagles, Chargers and Bears to drop off the most. The Falcons were 7-9 so can't drop a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Hey bud,

We're talking America here. Shouldn't that be the "decliningest team"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,517 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hey bud,

We're talking America here. Shouldn't that be the "decliningest team"?
    Lol....

It'll have to be Atlanta, they ain't got anything going for them at all...

Slow coach wrote:
    Green Bay went from 4-12 to 8-8 last year with a Rookie head coach and 3 rookies on the O-line. They are not going to do worse than 8-8.

They have no rb and one proven WR who is injured. Favre's been grumbling all preseason about how green they are. They were fortunate to finish 8-8, winning last four games when most playoff places were already decided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Yeah, good point. I didn't think about Green Bay, they lost Green and brought in a rookie to mimic him....not going to work.

Carl we can't agree:) We never agree on anything!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mariowilliams

kansas city chiefs.

damon huard is barely passable as an nfl quarterback, larry johson isn't playing behind the same o-line he had when lighting up the league the last 2 years. the wide receivers are a joke samie parker and eddie kennison aren't going to scare anyone. the offenses only chance of success is if tony gonzalez has a monster season and dwayne bowe lights it up as a rookie!

the defense is young for the most part but it'll be 2 years at least until they start to come together as a unit.

new york giants aren't too far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

The Falcons weren't great last year, they'll be worse this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

BizzyC wrote:
    Yeah, good point. I didn't think about Green Bay, they lost Green and brought in a rookie to mimic him....not going to work.

prediction is 6-10 for the Pack.... as said last four games were won in thrash time when things were settled.

They have a very tough schedule this season.

Goooooo Packers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

Chiefs, Falcons, Colts.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

Good picks by OP, Falcons and Dolphins definatley most disimproved teams. Some bad calls for the Packers tho!!

hanton12 wrote: »
    Some bad calls for the Packers tho!!

This was my rationale:
    Slow coach wrote: »

I expected at least 10 wins, maybe 12.

Slow coach wrote: »
    This was my rationale:
    I expected at least 10 wins, maybe 12.

One pat yourself on the back apparatus for Slow coach! Must say I'm delighted your prediction was more accurate than most of the pessimists. Didn't hold out much hope for the Pack myself.

thumb.gif

Well they found a runner (eventually and almost by mistake but he's damn good), they found Greg Jennings which helped a lot and Favre was much, much better than expected but mostly they have a very nicely balanced defence that I thought was a bit too green this year. Well done to them *sits down and admits it's time to eat humble pie*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

the eagles have not been doing to well lately

Advertisement