Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 'Dearest' thread... (post your items here)

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭taibhse

was in cineworld in parnell street last week and a 500ml river rock was €3.30 how can they justify that?

Also ran into marks and spensers the other day to grab fruit for my lunch and was charged 2.70 for an apple and a mandarin?? The fruit cups they sell which are nothing but a bit of fruit sliced up are €7!!! Thought they were having a laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Paid €55 in Malaga airport on the way home for 4 portions of pizza and chips :o

Its 4.75 I think in the Limerick Omniplex for a large (diluted with 7up) Coke. Dont get me started on ticket prices...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

taibhse wrote: »
    Also ran into marks and spensers the other day to grab fruit for my lunch and was charged 2.70 for an apple and a mandarin??

Yup, some fruit in Marks is priced by weight. It can be expensive.

I paid 4 euro for a ham and cheese sandwich in O Briens last week. I asked for Dubliner and when I opened the sandwich later it was full of what I had thought was parmasan shavings when I saw them on display. Nope, was just dry, shrivelled up Dubliner. Worst sandwich ever. (I didn't have time to make my own sandwich but next time I'll make time!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I was in the service station just down from the wooden bridge in clontarf and felt a bit peckish, anyway long story short, the girl wanted to charge me
    E6.50 for a brekie roll that was microwaved, I was furious,
    i told her to keep the roll and asked how much the pre made ham and cheese toasties were.... E5.50, i lost it and caused a scene, and i could hear the people behind me agreeing so they walked off too. think its an On the run franchise, mind you the fair play food in statiol wich is Irish owned isnt much better. Talk about rip off Ireland, ill make my lunch from now on
    Any of you guys have similar incounters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

911 on the run service stations are not much better. I think they charge 5.95 for a pre-made up breakfast roll that could be sitting there for an hour or two. I asked the girl to make me a fresh one seeing that I was paying nearly 6 euro for it. She caused such a fuss about making a fresh one that I walked out. Never went back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Well done for walking out. We need more of that, so retailers will realise we won't keep putting up with it. IBEC were on today requesting that Revenue start stopping those coming back from US with goods, as they/government were losing out. We all know about the high VAT rates, but I think their 'cream' is the real problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭worded

Water - I saw the same - I couldnt stop laughing at the til when they told me the price. (returned to shelf) I thought it was over 3 euros for the same, perhaps they have reduced it to 2.20.

micmclo wrote: »
    €2.20 for a 500ml bottle of water in Cineworld, Parnell St.
    Most shop charge about €1.40.

It's to be expected, most cinemas as a ripoff for stuff like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

faceman wrote: »
    they is breaking the law so. you should report them

I thought that law only applied to bars and restaurants. The OP could have asked how much it cost before he had the haircut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

taibhse wrote: »
    was in cineworld in parnell street last week and a 500ml river rock was €3.30 how can they justify that?

Also ran into marks and spensers the other day to grab fruit for my lunch and was charged 2.70 for an apple and a mandarin?? The fruit cups they sell which are nothing but a bit of fruit sliced up are €7!!! Thought they were having a laugh

Cineworld can justify such prices due to the fact they cinemas make so little on the actual ticket prices and the concession sales subsidise the price of the tickets.

The 3.30 bottle of water is around 750ml, the normal size bottle is around 2.50 out of the vending machines in the cinema which isn't that bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Beechman

911 on the run service stations are not much better. I think they charge 5.95 for a pre-made up breakfast roll that could be sitting there for an hour or two. I asked the girl to make me a fresh one seeing that I was paying nearly 6 euro for it. She caused such a fuss about making a fresh one that I walked out. Never went back.

Yes those particular service stations deli's are a rip off ! last week I got a plain hot chicken sandwich, at one in Clontarf , it cost € 4.95 !!!!!.

The exact same sandwich at a deli on the entrance into Maynooth Business Campus €3.00 , the best value for sandwiches I think in the country!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

I thought paying €10 at Cavan hospital for two pre-wrapped sandwiches was a rip off but judging by some of these posts, it's not so bad. I did actually get a white swipe card with the sandwiches which I was told later had €3 on it. So my sandwiches were not as expensive as I had thought originally. I was so gobsmacked that I couldn't even open my mouth to ask about the price though :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭smurfbaby

Bottle of 500ml water in the cinema in Liffey Valley €2.75 :mad: That place is such a rip off!
    Also recently got a hot wrap in Donnybrook Fair on Baggot St and noticed that they charged me 25cent extra for mayo!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

200ml of Pepsi €2.85

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

oops .. just saw how old this thread was .. dudara will be on the case no doubt :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement