Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NBA Live 08 or NBA 2K8?

• 02-09-2007 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

I dont know if anyone here is a fan of basketball games but I'm looking to buy one of the 2 when they're released at the start of next month. Anyone had any experience playing either of the brand's games in the past?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Get 2k8. 2K7 was a far better than Live 07.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

2K games are generally better than EA's offerings...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

+1 For 2K8. Always found them better than EA Live games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

2k7 was near perfect basketball game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 KaiserSnake

Yeah Ive got to agree with the rest of the posters. I had live 05 and live 06, but switched over to 2k7 last year. I found the 2k game a whole lot better, plays like real basketball. The menus and graphics arent quite as good as NBA Live but it plays a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I'd have to agree with everyone else ... Substance vs. Style

For Style, presentation and general gloss, EA win hands down. For Substance and the better gameplay, the 2K games win out.

(It also seems to be a theme that runs parallel to the whole FIFA / PES debate ... FIFA = Style, PES = Substance).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Yeah I was thinking 2K8, been reading previews for both and I rather the sound of the features in 2K8 and the videos for it look really detailed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

2K8 gets my vote, for some reason I couldn't get into NBA Live 07.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

2k sports games = win!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I read that the release date for NBA 2K8 is Oct 2nd on gamespot, which I figure is in America. Anyone have any idea if its coming out here this week? Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement