Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

undisclosed crash damage?

Options
  • 03-09-2007 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if its an offence to sell a car with crash damage without telling the new owner that the car was crashed? or is it a case of buyer beware???
    What about if the car is bought from a Simi approved garage? Any experiences or references greatly appreciated!

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Have heard stories bandied around that its only an offence if they directly lie to you. ie.
    buyer: "has this car ever been damaged in a crash"
    dealer: "no"
    Not sure of the accuracy of this though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

if the car isn't roadworthy then it's wrong. if the car is fit for the purpose intended then it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

i got my money back. had it looked at in a reputable independant garage who said yes it had been crashed, and although it was driveable it had a lot of issues with rev's and air intake etc.... so i rang the dealership and they pretended not to know it was crashed, even though i have it on good authority that they knew well, and offered me a full cash refund. thats service. no need to go to the SIMI or Small claims now, happy days.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Well done!
    Is it up for sale again?

Advertisement