Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call cards for dialling Ireland

Options
  • 03-09-2007 7:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a call card for dialling Ireland? I just went through $50 on a 1st-usa.com card and the service and rates turned out to be pony. I only get through to my wifes mobile in about 1 in 4 calls but i still lose money on the bogey calls. Any recommendations appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Have you considered using a VOIP service such as Skype?
    I use it all the time to ring Ireland and Britain from France.
    Very, very cheap, sometimes line quality is not great but hang up and re-dial usually sorts it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I use the Walmart ones (by AT&T), $10 will get you 60 minutes calling an Irish home phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

celtictel are pretty good value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Thanks all. I will be using use voip from home - I just want a reliable call-card option also. Someone had mentioned celtictel to me before but I thought they said celtic-cell and couldn't find it...until now.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

The AT&T works for me but beware you get bugger all minutes if you call a mobile number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement