Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi aftermarket cruise control!!!

Options
  • 03-09-2007 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

i posted here a few weeks ago regarding fitting an audi a3 with cruise control and thanks everyone for your guidance and help. Well things have changed slightly and i'm now finalising a few things with an audi a4 quattro but again it doesnt have cruise control and its a feature i'd love to have!!so does anyone know if anyone on this island can do it! now leave out any audi dealers in the south because i rnag 8 of them and they said they didnt know how to do it! i rang audi in the uk and they said no problems £200 for parts and labour!!

so can someone point me in the right direction??

Thanks a million!!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Bring it to NI? Get the job done there?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭podgee

Why not do it yourself ? If you are anyway handy it should be pretty straightforward - I put the sat nav into my A6 last year and it worked spot on.

Bought it from Kufatec in Germany - they have a cruise control kit for an A4 : http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p675_Cruise-Control-Retrofit-Kit-A4-B7.html

Podgee

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I have an A8 with cruise, and i'm quite disappointed with it. It's nowhere near as easy to use as the cruise on my old C-Class Mercedes, and requires one to take ones whole hand off the steering wheel to use it. The result is that I don't use it nearly as often as I used the cruise on my old car. It's certainly not a system i'd pay money for.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I would second going up North....I wanted to get it on my Skoda and down South they estimated the job to cost €2,000. Gave a main dealer a ring up the North and they said it would cost GBP£152. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I remember reading somewhere that all some VAG cars need is a new stalk - the rest of the system is already installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh it's pretty much just a new stalk and wire it up and enable with VAG-COM and you're done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

On the golf mk4 platform cars diesels are easier to do then petrols.

The diesel model already has the loom to the ecu fitted so it's just a matter of fitting the cruise stalk, wiring to the fusebox and enable with vag-com :)

Petrols require a loom to be fitted to the ecu, this involves removing the ecu and adding the correct loom wires to the ecu connection and routing the loom back to the bulkhead junction box. Then its just fitting the cruise stalk and enable with vag-com.

I have the retro-fit cruise parts and looms to fit to my own car, just haven't got round to doing it :rolleyes:

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Anan1 wrote:
    I have an A8 with cruise, and i'm quite disappointed with it. It's nowhere near as easy to use as the cruise on my old C-Class Mercedes, and requires one to take ones whole hand off the steering wheel to use it. The result is that I don't use it nearly as often as I used the cruise on my old car. It's certainly not a system i'd pay money for.

I have an A2 and the cruise function is very easy to work. If the switch for cruise is on then all you do is push the button at the end of the stalk to set it. Push the on / off switch to the left to accelerate. Push the set button to decelerate. Don't need to have the hand off the steering wheel at all.

I'd say an A8 may have a more complicated cruise system than an A2 or a C-Class.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

podgee wrote:
    Why not do it yourself ? If you are anyway handy it should be pretty straightforward - I put the sat nav into my A6 last year and it worked spot on.

Bought it from Kufatec in Germany - they have a cruise control kit for an A4 : http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p675_Cruise-Control-Retrofit-Kit-A4-B7.html

Podgee

Thanks for the help lads, looked at that site, its for the newer version tho, mine's a 2003. i have a few places that are getting back to me in the north!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Looks like a good site, anyone know how much of the features in the current A4 (B7/8E) are already in the car but only need to be enabled? A la the cruise control mentioned above.

I would presume that something like heated seats would require a new seat and that the heating elements are not built into all A4 seats and only activated on the ones that has the box ticked in the order sheet. Or am I wrong?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement