Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Txt dialler can't send to 3 network

Options
  • 03-09-2007 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭

Hi all

i got an alarm with a txt dialler installed about a year ago, was happy with the setup.....was txted when the alarm went off. About 3 months ago i moved to 3, and thought nothing of it. the alarm went off the other day and i got no txt, the other contact did. i had a quick look and nothing had changed on the alarm side, so i called the installers, he was aware of the issue and said he'd go check it out.

anyone else come accross this, or know what the story is???

thanks

EDIT: My installer got back to me, he was onto the alarm suppliers. They told him all fixed line txt messages are routed through eircom, and 3 hadn't signed any contract with eircom, so no txt messages can be routed to the 3 network. nice one..:rolleyes:

so heads up to anyone thinking of going down this route, who's on the 3 network...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

do you have the correct phone numbers in the dialler, ie your new number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

do you have the correct phone numbers in the dialler, ie your new number.

my number didn't change, i just moved network, though i did double check the dialler settings anyway....but as i said above from what i've been told it appears to be an issue between eircom and "3".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Thanks for the heads up. I was considering a 3 phone. I need not bother now.

Gryzor wrote:
    EDIT: My installer got back to me, he was onto the alarm suppliers. They told him all fixed line txt messages are routed through eircom, and 3 hadn't signed any contract with eircom, so no txt messages can be routed to the 3 network. nice one..:rolleyes:

just thinking, it should be easy to test this explanation. If this is the case someone with a fixedline handset that can send texts should not be able to send to anyone on the 3 network either?? I don't have such a handset, if anyone does i'd be greatful if they could oblige...i can pm on my mobile number if needed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Finneganjp

Out of curiousity what make of dialler is it?

• Advertisement

Finneganjp wrote:
    Out of curiousity what make of dialler is it?

its an Etal P1200 i think :confused:

Gryzor wrote:
    just thinking, it should be easy to test this explanation. If this is the case someone with a fixedline handset that can send texts should not be able to send to anyone on the 3 network either?? I don't have such a handset, if anyone does i'd be greatful if they could oblige...i can pm on my mobile number if needed..

My landline handset can send text messages.

I would be happy to test this for you.

P.

nice one prospect ;)

I've PM'd u my mobile number..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Did it work ?

don't think prospect has sent the txt yet, he said he'd confirm it with a txt from his mobile as well, i'll post back when i know....

• Advertisement

Yeah, I got stuck late in work, but promise I'll do it tonight..

Also, the dog ate my home work.....:rolleyes: ;)

and the results...

the txt sent from prospects eircom landline to my my "3" mobile was not received by me...confirming my installers explanation i suppose....bit of a pain in the arse really :( might give eircom a ring and see what they say...

thanks again prospect

No Bother,

Just for the record, my landline is handled by UTV, however it is obviously supplied by Eircom.
    So, if anyone is wondering, it obviously does not matter which carrier you are with.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

Hi guys

i have the same problem!!!

3 suck

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/81378/45067.jpg

here is some of a letter Im posting to 3 about their service:

"Dear 3,

I am writing to complain about your service to customers here in the Republic of Ireland regarding Alarm monitoring services.

My shop and the other businesses around me here in the building were broken into a few weeks ago and I have since installed a new alarm. This alarm will ring a phone if it goes off or is activated. Great, I thought. Only yesterday, a new alarm, one that is properly commissioned and serviced by an alarm company was installed into the building, protecting all of us.

Again, it will send a message to telephone numbers via a modem. As I am always around Gorey, and would be able to respond the quickest, my mobile number was first on the list, but… would not work. We tried and tried, but nothing. We rang the alarm company in Dublin, and guess what, they knew straight away it was because 3, yourselves haven’t paid for this service to be offered to its customers!!! Cheapskates.! An sms will be sent to an o2 or Vodafone customer but not a 3 phone. Get more , get 3 eh?

I rang your customer service department and got the same old line of script“ its coming in the near future”. Well, I don’t think so. You have been telling me for 2 years that same line about a customer login area on the website where we could view our accounts and send online text messages, so excuse me if I don’t believe for 1 minute your staffs answer. And for one of your supervisors to ring me an hour later and say that its was the first time she had heard of it???? Bullsh*t.

I would like for you to get in touch with whichever department you have to and get this sorted out now. It’s a very simple service that you should been offering here in Ireland since your launch back in July 2005. Coming in the near future just isn’t good enough, ok? I want to hear back from some one whom can make a decision on this matter and get something done, ok?

As a business customer, this is very important to me and I’m sure many other Business around Ireland too. Telling me that you have never heard of this problem before, what does not make it serious? It makes it ok? You will have to wait for others to discover this for themselves and tell them the same thing?

I look forward to hearing back from someone, very soon"

Can anyone here maybe shed some light on thisiisue, have you had the same problem etc, would love to hear from you.

thanks

Advertisement