Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw Spoilers (Vince's Son Spoilers)

• 03-09-2007 10:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

Quick spoilers here: http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/headlines/default.asp?aID=20614

Main points when it comes to the suspensions are that Regal, Umaga and Santino get beaten up bad, which should explain them being away for the next few weeks. Haas got pinned but not buried. Orton appeared via satellite. Satellite from backstage I'm sure. Doesn't look like he's suspended

Kennedy "revealed" himself as Vince's son, but Stephanie called him a liar (Kennedy? A liar?! No way!). Some guy representing the mother of Vince's son came out and said that Kennedy is not Vince's son and that whoever it is will be revealed next week. He left a clue, "things are looking up"

I'm pretty sure that the plan was for Kennedy to be revealed as Vince's son next week, but he really screwed up more than anyone else who was a customer of Signature Pharmacy. He only has himself to blame. Looks like Vince's son is going to be some tall guy, like Snitsky. Or Khali maybe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,342 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I can't really think of any wrestler on the WWE roster that the Vince's son angle could work with - with Kennedy i think the angle could really work and they could have kept the story line going for months between himself, Vince, Shane, Steph and HHH. if it is not going to be him, and I am gutted that it appears it won't be, it probably will end up being someone like Khali or Snitsky, simply someone 'big' - and the storyline will become about as interesting as the Trump WM story was.

I think the storyline needed it to be a strong upper mid-card wrestler who would be ready for a proper main-event push, and I honestly can't see anyone on the RAW roster that fits the bill over Kennedy. In fact, the only person that I think has the raw talent and potential, along with the 'correct' character to make use of the angle push is Shelton Benjamin. With Haas getting suspending, Shelton won't have much to be doing with himself and he has history of beting guys like HHH, but I just don't think he has the right attitude (one of the guys I reckon thinks he should be a superstar, rather then really works to become one) to stay on the rightside of the writers and management for long enough, or to keep himself on that top level for long enough.

Damn you Kennedy. Damn you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Tauren wrote:
    In fact, the only person that I think has the raw talent and potential, along with the 'correct' character to make use of the angle push is Shelton Benjamin.

Haha! That could make for some strange tv if Shelton's momma returned. Wasn't she after Vince at one stage?

I don't think that it would have to be a mid-carder, I think it would be an excellent opportunity to give a new guy who has the talent a big push. Colt Cabana would be brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think the angle would work well with Cena. Would give him a chance to turn heal and would set up Cena HHH easily. Thought it was a little suspicious that they brought his father in to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Bubs101 wrote:
    I think the angle would work well with Cena. Would give him a chance to turn heal and would set up Cena HHH easily.

Fozzy might have to implement a wellness policy for the board if people start coming up with out there ideas like that one!

Seriously though, it just won't happen. There's way too much upheaval in the WWE right now as it is without turning your biggest star heal.

Fozzy wrote:
    Haha! That could make for some strange tv if Shelton's momma returned. Wasn't she after Vince at one stage?

I don't think that it would have to be a mid-carder, I think it would be an excellent opportunity to give a new guy who has the talent a big push. Colt Cabana would be brilliant!
    I'm just not sure i like the idea of a no-carder, no matter how promising they may be, being instantly pushed to main-event status.

Also, they did say previously that they were an active member of the wrestling roster, but the wwe doesn't really do continuity so I suppose that is not a big deal.

the 'clue' they have given me is throwing me off though, i can't think off anyone i can assosciate it to, I imagine it would have to be rither someone massive (like Khali) or a high flyer, like Rey - but in general i just can't work it out.

I was hoping that this angle would be THE push for Kennedy, to hammer him into the main-event teir and keep him there on the back of it - it would be wasted on someone like Khali, cause he is already maineventing (without earning it)

Realy am gutted it is unlikely to be Kennedy now, he realy did seem perfect for the part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

MR KENNEDY!!

It really should be him, this suspension is bull plop, BULL PLOP! I can see Unforgiven sucking, without Umaga, Kennedy etc. And having Taker vs Mark henry, yawn.
    Oh and Rey against Khali.... jesus.

kennedy

I've no sympathy for Mr. Kennedy. He's been made to look a total fool after the crap he's spouted in the last 6 weeks.

It annoys me that people are gutted for him or gutted about the fact it can't be him in the storyline. There are alot bigger and more important things going on in wrestling than a storyline about Vince and his unknown son.

I've no sympathy for Mr. Kennedy. He's been made to look a total fool after the crap he's spouted in the last 6 weeks.

It annoys me that people are gutted for him or gutted about the fact it can't be him in the storyline. There are alot bigger and more important things going on in wrestling than a storyline about Vince and his unknown son.

Absolutely. Kennedy has been on such a downward spiral for me over the last couple of months. He deliberately cheated the Wellness Policy and the WWE, then lied to the fans and denied that there were any problems. He even attacked what Marc Mero was saying, as well as a personal attack on him which wasn't based on fact, when it turns out that Mero was completely correct. When you tie all that in with how unbelievably dangerous he can be in the ring and his decreasing match quality, along with the same uneventful promos every time, Kennedy is by far the guy I dislike the most in wrestling right now

He deserves every bit of "bad luck" (as some fans of his are calling it) he gets right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Kurt Angle for Vince's son?! COuld happen! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

KentonBomb is conspicuos in his absence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Fozzy wrote:
    Absolutely. Kennedy has been on such a downward spiral for me over the last couple of months. He deliberately cheated the Wellness Policy and the WWE, then lied to the fans and denied that there were any problems. He even attacked what Marc Mero was saying, as well as a personal attack on him which wasn't based on fact, when it turns out that Mero was completely correct. When you tie all that in with how unbelievably dangerous he can be in the ring and his decreasing match quality, along with the same uneventful promos every time, Kennedy is by far the guy I dislike the most in wrestling right now

He deserves every bit of "bad luck" (as some fans of his are calling it) he gets right now

Count me in for 3 as far as agreement goes. And i hate Mero with a passion! But he was right on the money when it came to all of Kennedys statements.

And when you get verbally shown up by Johnny B. Badd, it's time to seriously consider packing it in!

VR!

Edit: It should be known that i was actually rooting for Kennedy for a push at the start of the year, now i couldn't give a rats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Bubs101 wrote:
    KentonBomb is conspicuos in his absence

To be fair he hasn't been around for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Kennedy blew it big time, now they are going to swerve it into something nonsensical

Every angle they've tried to do lately has fallen apart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Hugh Mongus

I got it guys. Vinces son is no other than...SOS :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

What's this about Booker handing in his notice?

Double C wrote:

I've heard nothing about that.
    There had been reports that he was unhappy after having his promotion passed over as a WWE developmental promotion for Steve Keirns and FCW. Other reports said that he was looking for a place in production meetings recently as part of a new contract because he was worried about being buried while feuding with HHH. He wasn't on Raw anyway, but he wasn't really part of any angle like Umaga and Regal were

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Double C wrote:

At the risk of being a "smartass" but...
    .... YOU GOT A SOURCE ON THAT, BUDDY?! ;)

VR!

From a pwinsider article by Dave Scherer:
    ]Robert "King Booker" Huffman: He didn't work Saturday's house show and did not appear on Raw last night. That seems very telling. The Raw workers are headed to South Africa, where Booker and his wife Sharmell were set to get married again. If he is indeed on the list, it will be interesting to see if he goes to Africa anyway.

Best guess: If the rumors are true and Booker chooses to walk away from WWE if he was told he was going to be suspended, I would be shocked. I think in the end, a cooler head would prevail. So I say, see ya in 30 days.

I saw it on a couple of other forums, no official links to confirm I'm afraid. It's probably bollocks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Vince's son

Is it just me or do the storylines seem to becoming more & more flat as the weeks go on?

I mean what are they on about? Why has Vince not retired yet?

• Advertisement

Vince will probably never retire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

imo the "things are looking up" quote by the lawyer on raw could refer to a short guy having to look up to vince. So far everything Vince and Coach have said describes the son as strong, tall, handsome etc etc, so expect the opposite to be true.

my pick is Little Bastard (Hornswoggle) to play Vince's son. Makes a lot of sense; the "bastard" reference, the fact that Vince is part Irish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

IF they pick hornswoggle, that would be ridiculous, it means the story will contiue for a week of humour then get crap after that.

Kanney wrote:
    that would be ridiculous, it means the story will contiue for a week of humour then get crap after that.

basically you have summed up 99% of current WWE angles in one sentence ;)

rossie1977 wrote:
    basically you have summed up 99% of current WWE angles in one sentence ;)
    but this had the potential to be so much more! DAMN YOU KENNEDY

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Tauren wrote:
    but this had the potential to be so much more! DAMN YOU KENNEDY

When I heard the "Things are looking up" line,I instantly thought of Kennedy looking up to grab the microphone from the ceiling. Just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

When I heard the "Things are looking up" line,I instantly thought of Kennedy looking up to grab the microphone from the ceiling. Just a thought.

So even thought the lawyer said it wasnt Kennedy, you thought it was Kennedy after that line was said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

I'm thinking Hornswoggle. He has to look up at people:D

Ph3n0m wrote:
    So even thought the lawyer said it wasnt Kennedy, you thought it was Kennedy after that line was said?

Sure do. WWE swerve alert! :D

• Advertisement

just thinking, this could be the WWE's way of keeping Kennedy in the storyline for when he comes back off suspension.

As part of the original plan, where Kennedy would be named as the son, that he decided that should the story backfire and the crowd not get behind it, they would say Kennedy faked the lab results.

Maybe, they will name some no-mark as his son (a mate told me it was announced on Heat or something the other day that the son was not a wrestler, could be bull) and that when Kennedy comes back, he will announce that he IS the real son, and that the other guy faked the lab results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Finally got around to watching the rest of Raw. What happened at the end of the Jeff Umaga match???? It really looked like it wasn't supposed to end that way hell Jeff looked more confused than I was.

Not sure what to think about the long lost son angle now, but I'm really looking forward to next week.

Tauren wrote:
    just thinking, this could be the WWE's way of keeping Kennedy in the storyline for when he comes back off suspension.

I don't know what Vince is thinking, but if I were him then I would be very pissed off with Kennedy right now for lying while he was sticking up for the company. He's made WWE look very bad, so I wouldn't be rewarding him with a high-profile angle like this anytime soon. Although on the other hand, being Vince's illegitimate son could ruin someone's career
    N.O.I.P. wrote:
    Finally got around to watching the rest of Raw. What happened at the end of the Jeff Umaga match???? It really looked like it wasn't supposed to end that way hell Jeff looked more confused than I was.

It was just to make Umaga look strong in losing the title. Jeff got lucky because Umaga kicked out a moment too late, he hadn't beaten him conclusively, so Umaga's still got his claim to the title when he returns. It's nice when they do little things like that, makes other situations a bit more unpredictable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Fozzy wrote:
    It was just to make Umaga look strong in losing the title. Jeff got lucky because Umaga kicked out a moment too late, he hadn't beaten him conclusively, so Umaga's still got his claim to the title when he returns. It's nice when they do little things like that, makes other situations a bit more unpredictable

Makes sense, so hopefully once Umaga returns we can see a Jeff V Umaga rematch of the same quality as their GAB match.

Last night at a WWE house show in Cape Town, South Africa.

Paul London and Brian Kendrick defeated Murdoch and Cade for the world tag team championships.

But its likely they will drop the championships back to Murdoch and Cade tonight or on Friday.

Info from www.wrestlingobserver.com

Ah yeah, I'm sure they'll win the titles back before the tour is over, they've done it before with the Cruiserweight and Women's title recently (although I think the women's title was an accident). The report says it was the best match on the show, I'm really looking forward to seeing them wrestle again after the short time they had together on Raw a few weeks ago

• Advertisement

If given 10-15 minutes at Unforgiven, they will steal the show.

Unforgiven is lining up to be pretty decent. Curdock vs Kendrick, Orton vs Cena II, Beth Pheonix knocking that plastic nose off Candice's face and a Punk title defence.

rossie1977 wrote:
    imo the "things are looking up" quote by the lawyer on raw could refer to a short guy having to look up to vince. So far everything Vince and Coach have said describes the son as strong, tall, handsome etc etc, so expect the opposite to be true.

my pick is Little Bastard (Hornswoggle) to play Vince's son. Makes a lot of sense; the "bastard" reference, the fact that Vince is part Irish

Well it looks like i was the first person to predict who Vince's son would be as early as 1pm last Tuesday :D before Dave Meltzer or any of the major wrestling sites too i might add :eek: WWE has become so predictable its a not really fun any more

The figure four newsletter predicted it. Not that this storyline is over or anything. The WWE is basically stalling for time.

before me?? before the clue?? i don't read figure four newsletter so I don't know....

The WWE always fcuk up ever single potentially good storyline, WCW invasion, NWO, return of Diesel and Razor Ramon, Undertakers higher power.

This story is dead, i predicted comedy last week and a week of comedy is what we are going to get out of this angle at best

Way to riun a potentially great story like for comedy value, When will WWE realise they are not funny

The funniest part of Raw was Triple H's facial expression when he was trying to sell his new t-shirt

• Advertisement

I just watched Raw, and it's obvious that the angle isn't over. WWE didn't ruin a great storyline anyway, it was Kennedy and his lying. All the clues still point to Kennedy though, if they did decide to just ignore what was said

EDIT: By "over" I mean it hasn't ended with Hornswoggle. And the funniest part was Santino yet again, for the record

nah, by the time kennedy gets back in three weeks no-one will care who vince's bastard son was; but at least it got a few people watching last night (no coincidence that it was also opening monday night of football ;) )

I agree with the Santino bit, the guy is a star on the stick, despite fluffing his lines last night. There was so many mistakes last night in general though, looked very amateurish all-round i thought, JR has lost the plot completely at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Fozzy wrote:
    I just watched Raw, and it's obvious that the angle isn't over. WWE didn't ruin a great storyline anyway, it was Kennedy and his lying. All the clues still point to Kennedy though, if they did decide to just ignore what was said

EDIT: By "over" I mean it hasn't ended with Hornswoggle. And the funniest part was Santino yet again, for the record

I think Santino's character has come along well! Very funny last night.

As for Vince's son...I'm glad it wasn't HHH!

Can ye not see the resemblance? vince.jpg:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Honestly what a bloody let-down that was, absolutely pathetic!!:mad:

I really hope that this is either dropped straight away or it was just a joke by the mother to get back a Vince, revealing the actual at Unforgiven or next week on Raw.

I was so holding out for Jericho until the very end, especially when he said that the son liked gold and was fair haired. Would have loved his music to go off, imagine how nuts the crowd would have went.

Maybe the WWE are just buying time with hornswoggle to get Jericho's contract etc sorted out;) , I know its a serious long shot!!!

Honestly what a bloody let-down that was, absolutely pathetic!!:mad:

I really hope that this is either dropped straight away or it was just a joke by the mother to get back a Vince, revealing the actual at Unforgiven or next week on Raw.

I was so holding out for Jericho until the very end, especially when he said that the son liked gold and was fair haired. Would have loved his music to go off, imagine how nuts the crowd would have went.

Maybe the WWE are just buying time with hornswoggle to get Jericho's contract etc sorted out;) , I know its a serious long shot!!!

There was more chance that Terry Bollea was going to be unveiled as Vince's son. At least that would have made sense :p. On a side note, Raw was in Green Bay last night and guess who was born within a few miles of Green Bay apart from Ken Anderson....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's obvious that Kennedy was their first choice but he f*cked up the biggest opportunity of his career so Hornswoggle was the best they could come up with.

^^^ i am not so sure. kennedy would have been more involved in the angle if not suspended. But the continued references to "bastard son" over the past four weeks (before the suspension) and the curve ball statements Vince and Coach were throwing out that the son was likely strong, tall and handsome make it all the more unlikely Kennedy was going to be the son.

you have to remember who the majority of writers in the WWE are; most of them come from a non-wrestling background having done some work in hollywood either in the comedy or horror genres.

In 4 weeks time they could easily go back to Kennedy. This could be just 4 weeks of stalling with some funny skits.

I just want to see some Hornswoggle vignettes at the McMahon household :D

Poor Jamie Noble :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement