Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone up for meeting for a pint and watching football?

• 03-09-2007 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

OK lads, I don't know how this will go down, I think it has been talked about before, but I just thought I'd give it a go again.

Mods, if it's inappropriate, then I say sorry.

Anyway.

Would any of you lot be up for meeting up and watching a game?

I'm suggesting the Ireland game on Saturday as the possible date, maybe the one next Wednesday as a second possibility.

The reason i propose the Ireland game is that I reckon everyone will at least be rooting for the same team, and there could be a good bit of craic and banter. It also rules out the "I wouldn't go and watch that shower of shíte Liverpool/Manchester/Arsenal/Chelsea etc etc".

Now, you all come on here and blab on and on about your own teams, how you'd do the management job, who you'd buy, who you'd drop, who you'd play, who you hate, who you love and all that jazz.

Anyway, just a thought. What say ye?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

DesF wrote:
    OK lads, I don't know how this will go down, I think it has been talked about before, but I just thought I'd give it a go again.

Mods, if it's inappropriate, then I say sorry.

Anyway.

Would any of you lot be up for meeting up and watching a game?

I'm suggesting the Ireland game on Saturday as the possible date, maybe the one next Wednesday as a second possibility.

The reason i propose the Ireland game is that I reckon everyone will at least be rooting for the same team, and there could be a good bit of craic and banter. It also rules out the "I wouldn't go and watch that shower of shíte Liverpool/Manchester/Arsenal/Chelsea etc etc".

Now, you all come on here and blab on and on about your own teams, how you'd do the management job, who you'd buy, who you'd drop, who you'd play, who you hate, who you love and all that jazz.

Anyway, just a thought. What say ye?

Id be game for sure... how i miss getting to the pub to watch my team and not having an excuse to go and watch anyone elses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There's no way I'm going watching football with a bleedin' hun mate. No offence like. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

just about to say the exact same thing Des :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd be up for it, but I'm in paris. Some other time though would be good though.

thats a feckin SHOCKING response!! heh

Jaysus i never thought id see the day. And here am i - with great memories of jumping around the Navan pubs the day Ireland beat Holland 1-0 in 2001...

shocked and stunned loyal!

• Advertisement

i'm in Youghal this weekend (not as nice as Paris :() but i'd be up for it at another time, as long as i have a bodyguard to protect me from Tauren and PHB ;)

as long as i have a bodyguard to protect me from Tauren and PHB ;)
    You only have two to worry about.

Every premierleague fan is going to want a piece of me. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

DesF wrote:

Every premierleague fan is going to want a piece of me. :eek:

Just the Sundireland ones.

true enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

id be up for this but its gotta be almost logistically impossible no?? i mean are you all living in dublin then? lol am i the only "outsider" who posts here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I wouldn't go and watch that shower of shíte

zabbo wrote:
    I wouldn't go and watch that shower of shíte

Y'know, I knew someone would say it. :D

I wouldn't normally either, but it's the most neutral ground imo.

I'll be in my Shels jersey anyway, trying to get a few converts.

OH NO, that might scare people off!!

DesF wrote:
    Y'know, I knew someone would say it. :D

I wouldn't normally either, but it's the most neutral ground imo.

I'll be in my Shels jersey anyway, trying to get a few converts.

OH NO, that might scare people off!!

so you want a neutral game...but youll not watch it with a gers fan?

pretty sure he was only joking O'Donnell :)

odonnell wrote:
    so you want a neutral game...but youll not watch it with a gers fan?
    pretty sure he was only joking O'Donnell :)

Yeah, I was. :)

I'll only go if you wear yer Rangers jersey though odonnell.

i know yae were jokin man... but uh.. youre still jokin about yon jersey aye?

No, you have to wear the jersey.

We'll be going to Frazers btw.

:D

If you wear your Rangers jersey for a night out in Frazers, I'll buy the beer all night.

heh was just about to type in there "well ill be seein youin frazers then ...."

mate if i wear my strip in there, ill be drinking beer through a straw for the rest of my days, never mind you buying all night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I'd go but I'll be in Slovakia. :D

right so even tho ive been ignored ill ask once more, is this actually going to be possible, am i the only one not living in dublin or something?

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote:
    right so even tho ive been ignored ill ask once more, is this actually going to be possible, am i the only one not living in dublin or something?

im not sure about answering for everyone on the board, cos i dont know where everyone else lives so.

im in dub though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

kryogen wrote:
    am i the only one not living in dublin or something?

no yer not the only one. but seeing as nearly 25% of Irish people live in or around Dublin (and i'd hazard an even greater percentage of boardsies, seeing as broadband penetration is pretty low in parts of the country), with the rest of us scattered all over the place it's a pretty good bet that Dublin would be the best spot for this to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

I cordially invite you all to leninbenjamin's house in galway as an alternative :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I cordially invite you all to leninbenjamin's house in galway as an alternative :)

Well im in cork, but i have a new nephew in galway i havent seen yet so i guess i could call up! Thanks Leninbenjamin! ;)

In fact, im afraid I will not be at any of these things, bit too much of a drive for a pint and a match in a pub. Though i was thinking we should try and organise a big "boards.ie soccer" 5 a side tournament thing for some weekend, with pints afterwards. try and get as many outsiders as possible up to dublin for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

heh, shatners the one with pro-evo, i think we should all go there

*whacks shatners bassoon with crutch while no one looks*

lol well wherever ill be definatly up for it anyway!!! sure why dont you all come down to waterford, ive got a dart board? :D:D:D

Advertisement