Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats it worth?

Options
  • 03-09-2007 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm not selling my bike here, i have someone interested in it, just need an idea of price:

My bike is a 2001 Trek 7500FX like this one but with front suspension:
    http://capecodcyclist.8k.com/images/7500_fx_lg_photo.jpg

I paid over 1200 when it was new, fairtweather cyclist that I am its been in my shed since (used three times)..... what should I ask for it? Apart from a few transit scratches, its virtually new....

Thanks

FBP.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i'd say you might get 2-300 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

Thanks

Would 400 be pushing it ?
    Any links to buying bikes online for delivery here ? would like to use the £££ for a new street bike.....

thanks

FBP

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i think it might, nice bike, but they get cheaper and better specd year on year and it is 6 years old. You could buy a lovely new one for 400. I doubt someone would go about 3 but you never know...

sure have a look at wiggle.co.uk and see what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

Hi,

Thanks for that, I had my heart set on a Trek Su200 as a replacement ;)...Wiggle don't seem to do Trek...

Local bikeshop wants 630 for an su200, a brand new 7500FX they want 859:eek: ... d'ya know where I can get a new one for 400? A friend is adament he wants my old 7500 but if I can't swop it for an Su200 then I'll stick with it (even if its in the shed) and dream that my fat-ass will one day adorn the seat... :)...

FBP..

Advertisement