Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

eBay trouble

• 03-09-2007 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

paid for dress through paypal last Friday that was on ebay. Had been bidding on it all week. Now this morning i have an email from the seller saying its not available due to some mix up. Will i get my refund. I mailed her and asked for it but no reply !!I'm really pissed off

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

If you paid by paypal they will refund the money. Check out the forums on ebay for how to go about this,you could check out the online buying forum here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

you will get a refund or you can report them to e bay so that they are made give you a refund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

Open up a complaint with paypal asap in case the person is a rip off.

File for non reciept of purchases and include the email they sent you. Should be straight forward enough as once Payal see they have not shipped anything you can claim it back. If they do ship you out something you didn't ask for same applies by just file as Not matching description.

once the seller see the request to repay come through from Paypal they can refund you or have their account locked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

I've had that happen before. The seller was selling something they didn't actually have in their posession. This was because they were selling something in the hope that the bidder's would get all excited and go over the price quoted on Amazon. Then they'd buy the item from amazon themselves, repackage it and send it on to the ebay purchaser. When they don't get a price over and above what they'd need to sell it for they ask the purchaser can they pull out. Or, the way I discovered it was because the item was so long coming that I got very contrary and the seller admitted they'd ordered it and it was taking ages to arrive. I'd bought it on ebay because I thought I'd get it quicker than the amazon delivery period of a month!

Get your refund as others have said OP, and leave feedback saying something along the lines of "item was not available after auction ended, due to seller mix-up".

Advertisement