Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are houses selling in the Drogheda area?

Options
  • 03-09-2007 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

i have noticed lately that houses are for sale for ages in Drogheda and countrywide, , and dont appear to be moving, i know things are slow but one house i was keeping my eye on has been onsale since Oct '06 and is still on sale!

another place Roschoill has a couple of houses for sale that would normally sell in a day, and these have been on sale for ages too..

in the most recent Drogheda Independent it says that rents have sky rocketeed ...in Drogheda.

are houses starting to move? or are they still .....dead.....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

No they are definitely not selling. There are quite a few houses for sale in estates around that are for sale for ages. Look at the signs in the gardens they are all faded from the sun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

gonker wrote:
    No they are definitely not selling. There are quite a few houses for sale in estates around that are for sale for ages. Look at the signs in the gardens they are all faded from the sun.

i noticed that too... i see that sullivan estate agents have opened a new office...... so they must be doing some business.....

if things are so slow, i assume the estate agents are finding it hard also.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

Its exactly the same in Dundalk, houses just aren't selling. Rent is on the up too but I notice the same houses advertised for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

512 houses for sale on daft.ie at the moment...can't ever remember it being that high a number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

I would hate to have a mortgage at the moment, my guess is that a lot of those properties for sale in both Drogheda and Dundalk are owned by investers trying to offload.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

gonker wrote:
    Look at the signs in the gardens they are all faded from the sun.

Don't you mean washed away from the rain? :D

2 bungalows in my cul-de-sac have been on the market this year - first one took from Jan-Apr to go sale agreed, other one has been on market since early July and still for sale. Last year, another bungalow went sale agreed in approx 4 weeks......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Don't you mean washed away from the rain?

Yes probably :D

Advertisement