Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clairaudience

Options
  • 03-09-2007 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

I am clairesensitive but of late I have been hearing clairaudiently on and off. Just simple words like my name or a yes or no to a question I ask and little bits here and there. My problem is I know there is more to what they are saying but I, for what ever reason cannot make it out. So for those of you who are clairaudient or know about this gift more than I , I was wondering if ye could answer my questions.

Is it likely that I could be developing this gift or just getting a little peek into that side of things.

Would it be normal to hear them only or mostly whispering or very low first.

Is there any tecniques to which I could use to get them to turn up the volume (I have asked them and tried exerting energy into the room for them to use but still only getting it slightly louder and not enough to make out fully what is been said)

Kim.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Do you work with any form of divination? Training in divination and regular meditation can be a gentle way of increasing such talents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Have you tried get in touch with:

http://www.irish-spiritual-centre.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Thanks for that, Will look into the centre here. I am heading to Arthur Finlay college next month and will be working with very experienced trainers there so hopefully they can help.

I do meditation every single day and have been increasing the time spent on this, so I guess patience is the key here for the moment and a little more practice.

Thanks

Kim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I was told ages ago by a psychic that I'm clairaudiant, although I really dunno much about it on the whole, although I have heard my name being called the odd time, and I've actually thought it was someone calling me from downstairs, and when I go downstairs, I find that no one's actually called me!

I dunno if clairaudiance extends to being able to "hear" voices in your head as well, as more often than not, I pick up things through my head, rather than through my ears, as Kim has observed previously, and if I recall, I think she may have something similar happen with her, but I'm not 100% certain as it's been months since I've seen her in person.

What's clairsensitive by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

I was told ages ago by a psychic that I'm clairaudiant
    I wouldn't pay that much attention until you notice it yourself.
    although I have heard my name being called the odd time, and I've actually thought it was someone calling me from downstairs, and when I go downstairs, I find that no one's actually called me
    Your own name is something you learn very early to pick out from other sounds. For this reason it's generally the thing you're most likely to mistake another sequence of sounds for (even ones quite different when you hadn't been paying attention to what you could hear) or simply imagine. For that reason it's the least convincing example of suspected clairaudience, though it could still be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Thaedydal wrote:

And I found this little bit of information: Clairaudience may refer not to actual perception of sound, but may instead indicate impressions of the "inner mental ear" similar to the way many people think words without having auditory impressions. But it may also refer to actual perception of sounds such as voices, tones, or noises which are not apparent to other humans or to recording equipment. For instance, a clairaudient person might claim to hear the voices or thoughts of the spirits of persons who are deceased.

That's something I can identify with, and I've mentioned before that I can hear sounds within the ultrasonic range, although I've conceded that's because I've got sensitive hearing.

Edit: I'm also wondering if I am claircognizant now, as I seem to "know" things that I mightn't necessarily come across normally, although I do tend to absorb information like a sponge too, so that may be it... my head's a weird place though >.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Yes Stormkeeper I do remember but what I am talking about is different, in general most of what I would get would be given through impressions, emontions, sensing and feeling the words spoken but of late I have heard words spoken within the room but at the same time out of the room (best way I can explain it) and I must agree with hearing my name been called would and did at first lead me to believe I was mistaken normal sounds for this as it is quite easy to do that, but I have also heard more than this been said and it has been repeated and repeated so it is leading me to believe that there maybe something in it.

kshiel wrote:
    Yes Stormkeeper I do remember but what I am talking about is different, in general most of what I would get would be given through impressions, emontions, sensing and feeling the words spoken but of late

From what I read, that seems to resemble clairsentience for sure. I used to think that clairsentience was the ability to know when an entity was nearby, but that seems to be only part of it... in another location (Bolling Hall) I got an impression that there was someone in a room with us, and another bloke picked that up too... I even got his height. The funniest bit happened to be in the kitchen, especially when the people I was staying with brought their dog in... I got the distinct impression of disgust while the dog was in there, as if to say "Yuck, a dog in the kitchen!" Although, considering it was a pretty large kitchen, that may have been understandable.
    I have heard words spoken within the room but at the same time out of the room (best way I can explain it)

*nods* I think I understand what you're trying to say here, although my putting my understanding into words is beyond me, and I imagine most, if not all people. I think the best way of explaining it is that you hear it nearby, but for some reason it's just out of sight... I compare it to when I was calling my phone, and I heard it close to me, yet I couldn't see it at all, and I knew it was right next to me... it was hidden under the pile of stuff on my floor, right under me, yet it felt like it was a little higher up! I think it may have something to do with the way sound bounces too though, although I'm guessing it depends on if the sound exists in the first place...
    and I must agree with hearing my name been called would and did at first lead me to believe I was mistaken normal sounds for this as it is quite easy to do that, but I have also heard more than this been said and it has been repeated and repeated so it is leading me to believe that there maybe something in it.

I've had my name shouted as if I were being called downstairs, although I can't recall if I've heard anything else, although if I have, it must have been kinda muffled.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I've had a cat of mine sit outside of my door in my house and literally meow repeatedly in such a way that it sounds like she was saying my name! It was bizarre to say the least, although she was a very intelligent cat, and could open doors... and my mum thought that she was the reincarnation of a relative of ours, because she responded to the name of that relative, which is interesting to say the least!

Granted that would prolly be suited to another thread, but it was this thread that got me thinking about it, although I'll stop rambling now... I have a tendancy to switch from topic to topic as well as go round in circles as well >.>

Advertisement