Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta and Grub?

• 03-09-2007 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Does anyone know of somewhere in town, most likely a pub, that has Setanta Sports and serves food on a Saturday afternoon.

There's a few places around that have Setanta (Alfies, DaVinci's) and there's plenty of places that serve food bit I have yet to come across somewhere that has both.

The Belfry has said on a few occasions that they have ordered Setanta but i'd believe it when I see it.

On a seperate note Id like to compile a list of which pubs has Setanta sports. There's more and more games on it these days including games played by the Big 4. The two I know show it i've already mentioned:

Alfies - Ballybricken
    DaVinci's - Across from the AIB on Michael Street

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

to add to your list

Masons-Manor St
    Woodman-John Street
    Uluru- Dunmore Rd
    Cleaboy- Cleaboy
    Revolution (Which also serves food all day)-John Street
    Alfies Barracks street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Katty Barry's
    3 Shippes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

I'm pretty sure Oskers on the Dunmore Rd. have it too. I prefer the evening menu though. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

The Mansion

Harvey's ( might do food)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mojor

Thank you all.

Revolutions looks like my best bet. Will buy ye all a pint there on Saturday afternoon ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Just to add to this list, the Woodman have just gotten a foreign system installed for the footy this season. They will be showing extra games which are not on Sky or Setanta. For example, they have the Everton v Man U, and the Arsenal v Spurs games on today which are not on either Sky or Setanta, as well as the West Ham v 'Boro game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Mkl

oscars have setanta too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

3 shippes - food is good, pints are decent and the telly is of a good size!

Advertisement