Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English v Economics

Options
  • 03-09-2007 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24 drunknmunky

Im repeating my leaving cert this year and have to decide between english and economice.I'd be looking for an A1 maybe A2 in the subject.I got a B3 in Ennglish this year and really enjoy the subject and have never done economics before.Would it be possible to obtain an A grade in economics if i take it up in a year!?

Comments

Im repeating my leaving cert this year and have to decide between english and economice.I'd be looking for an A1 maybe A2 in the subject.I got a B3 in Ennglish this year and really enjoy the subject and have never done economics before.Would it be possible to obtain an A grade in economics if i take it up in a year!?

absolutely, as i did just the same.

had taken applied maths as an extra subject throughout 5th year, but at the end of the year my interest waned, september of 6th year started doing economics, one class a week, one hour classes (extra curricular).

once you get to grips with the exam itself, its easy to figure out how to beat it. We didn't use a book, we used notes that were formed from Marking schemes.

Very do-able in a year if you do it the right way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Economics-no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Eco. I didn't crack it till April, but if you can work out how to beat the exam early on, as Landyn Tinkling Yawn says, it's easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

Gangsta wrote:
    Economics-no brainer.
    I agree, there is almost a full new course in English paper 2 anyway. Economics is much more doable to get an A1. It's not objective like English

Advertisement