Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CV-Joints Can I Change them Myself?

Options
  • 03-09-2007 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

Hi

im thinking about replacing the CV joints on my 98 primera wt ABS

I think i should be able to do this easily enough. Changed the shocks this weekend and the CV joint popped out of the driveshaft so had a look and seem like an OK task. i have all the parts needed.
    My only consern is re-aligning the ABS sensors and also cleaning the sensors how do you do this?
    Any other advice would be appreciated.

oh Darragh29,:D just like milmo i am also in funds at the mo but would like to do this Myself have very little on this saturday:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭milmo

Funnily enough Joey I have to do the same job myself (major overhaul time!). The Haynes manual would suggest that it is straight forward but I would welcome any advice on doing the same for a 98 Passat

Milmo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

milmo wrote:
    Funnily enough Joey I have to do the same job myself (major overhaul time!). The Haynes manual would suggest that it is straight forward but I would welcome any advice on doing the same for a 98 Passat

Milmo

Yah mee too
    Shocks
    Wishbone top and bottom
    CV -joints then all done
    No timing belt thank god - only reason i bought the ugliest car in the world:) chains4 me 4ever:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sundodger5

you have the step by step in the haynes manual. the only thing that can go wrong is that the joint won't release from the shaft. Rare but i have had a couple that had to be smashed and then cut off.
    good luck with it. it is a messy job.
    oh and there is no realigning of the abs sensors required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

ABS makes no difference. The right tools (hammer is essential!) and it's a 15 minute job.

Advertisement