Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's the verdict on the 406 Coupe

Options
  • 03-09-2007 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Just curious to know what people make of the 406 Coupe (99 - 02 range)

Prices seem to be quite good for what you actually get, Leather interior, sat nav, Air con, cruise control, 6 CD changer, nice engine, great drive.

Compared to cars of similar spec, ie Audi's/Bmw's the price is a lot lot less, plus they are great looking cars.

Anyone any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Do we need a second thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Good looking car and has aged gracefully for a 9 year old design. 2.2 HDi is the pick of the bunch imo.

Only thing I don't like is it is based on the 406 saloon/estate, the dashboard and switchgear are straight from it. It looks cheap and flimsy imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

brother in law has a 01 one - I almost forced him to buy it.

The handling is quite good and the ride is superb - very much better at smoothing out the bumps than my 3 series. But its V slow for a 2.0

Its a fab looking car imo - looks like a 456gt Ferrari.
    Inside looks good but I'd be worried about the electrics over the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Timeless design. that car will still look great in 20 years time.

2.2Hdi is the engine of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

fletch wrote:
    Do we need a second thread?
    Yes when the thread you linked is locked, and is not asking opinions on the car in question.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement