Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

book club in Galway

Options
  • 03-09-2007 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

is there any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭fruitbat

ok should have been a bit more specific.

I would like to find out if there are any book clubs in Galway I could join? Fairly new to Galway and it might be a nice way of meeting people and indulge my reading habit as well.

Where do they meet or how I can join one? Any details would be much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

My girlfriend goes to some book club thingy, I'll ask her about it later and get back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

What's the craic with book clubs anyway? You read a book every week and talk about it?

• Advertisement

yeah I think so. I havent been in one yet but I think that is the general idea.

If anyone has any other ideas....

I PMed the guy who started the thread above but no reply yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

fruitbat wrote:
    is there any?
    I am in the process of starting a book club. Taking a while though. Kind of got side-tracked. www.bookclub.ie is the web address.
    Are you interested in helping me to get it off the ground? I think it would be a great club to get going...and I'm actually reading a book right now (and checking e-mails etc. at the same time)!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

fruitbat wrote:
    yeah I think so. I havent been in one yet but I think that is the general idea.
    What if they choose crap books? (They will)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭altered121

lads in the book shop in Galway shopping centre were standing around reading out loud to applause from seated book-reading types ( and no don't start with replies along lines of what are book reading types. yes we all read some read books but some like to make it public knowledge to an audience that they read)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭altered121

WHAT i MEANI S ASK staff at at the book shop in Galway shopping centre,
    already have vegans posting short tempered replies to another thread I tried to make very sensible logical rely on ( they are irritable anyway -- Lack of meat--)

Advertisement