Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi Outlander 07

Options
  • 03-09-2007 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

I wasn’t in the market for an SUV until I saw one of these; they look pretty damn good, 40MPG and all the bells and whistles at a good price.

Any comments or experiences of these? and yes it will be off road now and again and will be pulling a trailer
    Driving an s60 at the minute and don’t want to loose to much of the comforts I got used to just want a diesel and the option of a 7 seater the odd time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

very nice motor all right. was looking at one myself but was told by mitz dealer that they aren't available as a commercial so i'll have to "make do" with an 07 pajero

• Registered Users Posts: 12,684 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Also to be known as the Citroen C-Crosser and Peugeot 4007. Apart from badges and faces, no differences between the vehicles - but I bet the mitus holds its value better.

Have a couple on the road, but no feedback from drivers yet - I like the look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Diesel engines are provided by PSA, afaik. Not that that is a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I was thinking of getting a used or demo one if at all possible with the 2.0 VW engine. mind you the 2.2 have a few more horses

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

prospect wrote:
    Diesel engines are provided by PSA, afaik. Not that that is a bad thing.

2.2HDI only on Citroen and Pug ones - the Mitsubishi uses a VAG one which is said to be not as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

the Mits comes with the 2.0 VW engine. The Citreon and Peugeot badged versions have the 2.2 PSA engines.

I like the look of it too, except for the C-Pillar - it is slanted forwards like the Rav4, just don't like for some reason.

IMO the Citreon and Peugeot versions of this car look like the old Hyundai SantaFe - a little soft and overweight...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

The nose of the 4007 is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

prospect wrote:
    The nose of the 4007 is terrible.

I have only seen pics but I really like it. The C Crosser looks great too.

Pity they are the two that will depreciate the fastest here in Ireland too, being non Jap and 2.2's.

Am I right in saying they have an onboard Hard Drive so you can transfer your songs onto it like and iPod ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

RobAMerc wrote:
    Am I right in saying they have an onboard Hard Drive so you can transfer your songs onto it like and iPod ?

God, it's hard enough to keep a PC and IPod in sync without adding a third cog to the machine...

Advertisement