Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alloy repair?

• 03-09-2007 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to get alloys repaired?

I managed to grind one of mine against the kerb on Friday and I'm really pi**ed off about it. The only damage is where the alloy meets the tire. It's about a 6 inch stretch, not very noticeable but I know it's there!
    The wheels are 17 inch Honda original alloys in a kind of dark gun metal.

Has anybody got any idea if they can be repaired and if so any recommendations as to where I can get it done.
    Thanks,
    J.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

I know the feeling dude, that grinding noise breaks my heart!

Its not so much a repair job, moreso a refurb. Alot of the time people drop a full set of wheels in tpo be refurbed. Reason is, the wheel has to be stripped,powdercoated and refinished, matching the original colour as close as possible. Occasionally you would be able to make out a refurbed alloy against an OEM one.

Where are you located, I know of a guy in Limerick that does a great job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Sorry for hijacking the thread but I also have alloy probs at the moment, the passenger side front wheel had a bulge so went to get new tyre, and there was massive bulge on the inside and the rim is damaged from it...luck of god that it didnt blow out on a motorway,.

I think it must have been done by a massive pothole I could not avoid a few weeks ago. Anyways the fella in tyre place says it takes two days to fix, but didnt elaborate, what does he mean??
    Obviously its buckled, but what will he be doing for 2 days to fix it, can it be fixed properly at all?? I was told by my brother that they cant be mended and its a new alloy I need.... its just a standard 15" wheel, alloy is bog standard 5 spoke issue with car (Mazda).... ah my head is wrecked:( , can anyone enlighten me at all? cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 cs123

Bob, Do you have the number or address of the guy in Limerick doing alloy wheel repairs/refurb..all 4 alloys on my car need work done to them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

bob, can i get the number for yer man in limerick :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Mac 3

You could try www.wheeldoctor.ie

I've found him good, based in Tipp town.

• Advertisement
Advertisement