Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bioshock---to easy???

• 03-09-2007 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

i was just wondering has anybody who has bioshock, found it to be very easy?

i completed it on 4 days on medium, since i have been playing on hard mode & am near the end, i love the game so much, but find it very easy or is it me smelf???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

crap doesn't fair well for me so after i've just ordered it for pc, i'll fly through it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I believe it is quite short, although if, like me, you have a job, offspring and a wife who hates games, it should mean you'll at last have a game you may see the end titles of, so bonus points there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I don't think it's short, if you don't rush it it's around 20 hours which is long for an FPS. It is quite easy though, played on Hard and would recommend others do too, you can always make it a bit more difficult by not using the vita chambers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

It's a tad bit easy but I don't mind cos it means i'll have time to finish it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm playing it on medium and I am finding it rather easy, should have went for hard mode. I'm not finding the game short at all. I'm really taking my time with it, exploring everything, looking for secrets and taking in the architecture and storyline. I'd say you can breeze through it if you rushed through it but you would be missing out on a lot of what the game offers if you did. There are plenty of little nooks and crannies that add extra pieces of backstory. The other reason it's taking me so long is that the mother got rid of the blackout curtains and replaced them with useless flimsy transparent white ones so I can't play any dark games until it's dark outside :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

If you try to get all the achievements it will take you well over 20 hours, I'm currently replaying it on hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Ive played this on PC,

Great game , good atmosphere and a great story , but yes , it is far too easy , most FPS type games would be much harder than this , you shouldnt have to jack everything up to hard to get a challenge in a game. It should be hard enough on medium.

It is even possible to just stand there and take whatever is thrown at you and survive if your hit rate is average. With Most FPS games you must keep moving or your dead , not so here.
    Some of the plasmids are ridiculously overpowered , for instance you can kill a whole room full of splicers early on by hitting one of them in the water with the electroshock !

Its possible to get a good distance in the game without getting killed at all , and the Vita chambers re-spawning you with enough ammo and health to get back and finish the job ( damage is still scored on your opponent ) makes it a breeze.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Has anyone got the 1000 points in it yet?

I'm on my second go, I got 850 first time round on hard, going back over it on easy now to get the rest, it's soooooooo much easier on easy, I haven't died once yet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭redbhoy1888

Got this last week and am finding it a wee bit easy on medium but the back story is so rich Im taking my time with it.Also enjoying the fact theres an Irish central character in it not often that happens even if he is a Dub ha ha!
    Joke Joke lads....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Mr Moon wrote:
    Has anyone got the 1000 points in it yet?

I'm on my second go, I got 850 first time round on hard, going back over it on easy now to get the rest, it's soooooooo much easier on easy, I haven't died once yet!!

i have 850 as well...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I have a list of all the audio diaries and going back over the game there's supposed to be one in a dead splicer in the wharf level of the game but nope it aint there! I've a feeling I'm not going to get this achievement!!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

How do you find out how many hours you've been playing a particular game?
    Have to say I did find it a bit easy - even on the hard setting :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Played it on medium and found it fairly easy compared to most games, way easier than GOW. Gonna finish it on hard in a while. V. good game otherwise, would be better if damage didn't stick to enemies arter vita chamber or if they got some more health back maybe.

Advertisement