Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJ's Worst Nightmare!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Bummer

Link doesn't work for me...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just do a Youtube search for "sven wittekend time warp" to see evry DJ's worst nightmare (well its only a nightmare if you start jumping around like a fool behind the decks)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

The link is working now. Ya the dj is a twat but wouldn't like something like that to happen to me. Not that i'd be dancing like that though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

**** happens i dont see the big deal. he didnt **** it up due to lack of talent (iv never heard of him before so dont know if he has any) just kicked something out of place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Well he's a happy hardcore DJ, so if you call turning the pitch and speed of a record up to max, talent, then yes he's talented. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

what a clown..maybe he should get better grips on his shoes next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

DarkJager wrote:
    Well he's a happy hardcore DJ

erm, thats not happy hardcore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

No that's not happy hardcore it's hard techno. And peakoutput no one said anything about talent it's just meant to be a humourous thread you know funny ha ha all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

ye dats cool wasnt getting at you or anything it is funny alright its just not unusual i dont think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I wouldn't say it's a "DJ's Worst Nightmare!!!"
    although it is very embarrassing.

I remember a fire extinguisher going off in the DJ Booth one of the first times I ever DJed in a club. Now that's a nightmare. Both records covered in a layer of white powder an inch thick!! :eek: :(

I also remember reading a copy of DJ Mag years ago and various DJs were talking about DJing mishaps and one of the most common mishaps was when they tried to blow the dust from the needle while the record was still playing and forgetting that they had chewing gum in their mouth at the time.....you can guess the rest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

BaZmO* wrote:
    I also remember reading a copy of DJ Mag years ago and various DJs were talking about DJing mishaps and one of the most common mishaps was when they tried to blow the dust from the needle while the record was still playing and forgetting that they had chewing gum in their mouth at the time.....you can guess the rest!

oh sh*te! I also read of a DJ (probably happened to a few!) who was on a particular stimulant and as he approached the decks to begin his set he walked straight into it, causing the needle to hop a mile...I'd say the hundreds of cold stares snapped him out of his happy euphoric state :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thats nothing, sure mistakes happen everyone, even in Schranz!

I once saw a very well known Dublin dj (I wont say to save his modesty!) play a records sleeve he was so out of his box!

Not the vinyl, the sleeve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Both records covered in a layer of white powder an inch thick!!

Wouldn't be the first time i saw that in a dj box :p

Same thing happened in a club I used to work in too .. I wonder ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 doogue

na have to be your equipment failing on yea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

Worst thing that happened to me was some ****er lifting the needle on me while he was off his face when i was cueing up the next record, i could have murdered him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Blue screen 5 mins before 15k people.... i just laughed but friend with me wasn't too pleased ;)

Also had people lean on keyboard stands and the lot fall down and definatly seen DJ who drooled over decks after passing out... lucky for the punters it was the deck that wasn't playing...

Another neat trick is to put a track on that has a fire alarm sound on it ;) - that really gets the bouncers freaking out ;)

Advertisement