Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sniper Rifle

• 03-09-2007 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭

Can anyone here advice on make and model for a sniper rifle .

Getting a collection now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

All depends how much you have to spend ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

tm vsr

though geez, what with everyones obsession with snipers? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Snipers are elite and who doesn't want to be elite, unfortunetly I had to settle for exceptional :D

I'd say anything by Tanaka provided you make sure its under 1Joule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭Markspi

o1s1n wrote:
    All depends how much you have to spend ;)
    Hope you getter better soon that had to hurt hope you wer dodging BBs at the time.

getting o fsubject what to to spend what it takes o1s1n

N.O.I.P. wrote:
    Snipers are elite and who doesn't want to be elite, unfortunetly I had to settle for exceptional :D

I'd say anything by Tanaka provided you make sure its under 1Joule
    Have They A Web Site N.O.I.P

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Wossack wrote:

though geez, what with everyones obsession with snipers? ;)

If someone wants to just plink some targets then a bolt action is ideal. AEGs are just too loud if you live close to other people.

If it's for skirmishing though, It's a bad idea. I'd suggest an AEG to anyone starting off. Much more fun. Plus if you really want to, you can switch it to semi and hide in a bush somewhere.

Master of the Universe

Markspi wrote:
    Hope you getter better soon that had to hurt hope you wer dodging BBs at the time.

getting o fsubject what to to spend what it takes o1s1n

No...although I was jumping over a fence to go and watch an airshow.

Which is just as manly....heh

o1s1n wrote:
    If someone wants to just plink some targets then a bolt action is ideal. AEGs are just too loud if you live close to other people.

If it's for skirmishing though, It's a bad idea. I'd suggest an AEG to anyone starting off. Much more fun. Plus if you really want to, you can switch it to semi and hide in a bush somewhere.

No would like the best if its out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Markspi wrote:
    Have They A Web Site N.O.I.P

I would imagine they do but I haven't a clue what it is (Tanaka.com?) just check out UNcompany or Redwolf to see what they have.

Its probably much easier to get a TM VSR though.

o1s1n wrote:

No...although I was jumping over a fence to go and watch an airshow.

Which is just as manly....heh

just as manly but without the fall ouch!!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

VSR-10 with a 1 joule spring and nice scope would do you. With a Tanaka you have to worry about gas, power limits...expensive mags..not to mention they cost a fortune.

Best to try out the VSR-10 first. Plus it's made by Tokyo Marui so it's good quality.

They have them on www.ehobbyasia.com

Standard version
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Marui-VSR-10-PRO-SNIPER-Airsoft-Bolt-Action-Rifle-BLACK_W0QQitemZ270132687140QQihZ017QQcategoryZ62122QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

G-spec version which comes with a scope mount rail and silencer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marui-VSR-10-G-SPEC-Airsoft-Bolt-Action-Sniper-Rifle-TM_W0QQitemZ270143382618QQihZ017QQcategoryZ62122QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

or if you want better value you could go for the VSR clone from HFC the USR11.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=HFC-RG-VSR11_cat_Sniper Rifles

Still have to skirmish it but happy enough with it. Should have it out this weekend.

Master of the Universe

gandalf wrote:
    or if you want better value you could go for the VSR clone from HFC the USR11.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=HFC-RG-VSR11_cat_Sniper Rifles

Still have to skirmish it but happy enough with it. Should have it out this weekend.

Get back ye clone heathen! *attacks Gandalf with a crucifix*

I've heard good things about that USR11. Would be interested to see a side by side comparison with a VSR at HRTA sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

Hey Markspi, if you want a sniper rifle but also an AEG, i just got the AGM M14 from Eirsoft. Its handy if you want both as you can mount a scope and use semi auto for targets etc, but can switch to full auto for skirmishes. Its a very nice rifle also and if you have the extra to spend, TM do an M14 also which would be better quality. There is a link here to a Marui one on uncompany: Link

I would recommend it if you are unsure however, its my first airsoft kit so i cant compare it to others, but its a very nice rifle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

o1s1n wrote:
    Get back ye clone heathen! *attacks Gandalf with a crucifix*

I've heard good things about that USR11. Would be interested to see a side by side comparison with a VSR at HRTA sometime.

Well hop on down this Saturday (sorry I couldn't resist :p)...

Master of the Universe

I'm never going to hear the end of this am I? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Nope:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

Looking at some of the sniper rifles on RSOV

I like the
    Jing Gong BAR10A
    'Well' L96 sniper rifle Green with bipod and scope.

The problem seems to be they are a bit too powerful to import? Can RSOV downgrade the springs to make them legal?

The TM VSR10 is a nice looking rifle and the stock power is bang on. Reviews are also very positive. I think the G spec with the silencer seems to be the favoured version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

I was looking at the L96 actually before. Looks very nice but over the 1j limit. Very affordable also so its a pity. If it can be downgraded to 1j would be a good one tho id say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭davvowl

if you can afford it i suggest you wait up a little, star is going to release a gas powered aw338, and i think it comes with a scope, and maybe even a bipod ! o_O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

tonyj_mc wrote:

At €475 it is a little steep for next to everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

im tempted... very tempted :D

Advertisement