Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

picking up student card

Options
  • 03-09-2007 4:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

says in my orientation handbook that I gotta go in to get this, and 'orientation activities' on tuesday.. but I have an order from dhl coming, possibly two later in the day.. so I don't really want ot leave the apartment in case they sod off with my stuff.

Can i just walk in any day? or will there be facilities available to pick your student card up on other days if you missed your particular apt.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

Just go to the student desk if you miss your alloted time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

awesome.
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

dont bother trying to get it on the first day.The q is usually really long.Just wait a few days and get it then

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

i missed my date too. called up them..they say wil arrange another date..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Hmm does this mean I shouldnt bother going in tomorrow for my Orientation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

For non-Dub Arts students, you have from 10 to half 6 to get the student card tomorrow. Should be plenty of time. BBQ in the evening too. Two in a row for me now:D

Mushy wrote:
    For non-Dub Arts students, you have from 10 to half 6 to get the student card tomorrow. Should be plenty of time. BBQ in the evening too. Two in a row for me now:D

Haha yeah BBQ sounds fun! If i'm gonna be in at 10 what will I do for the rest of the day though??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

fatal wrote:
    dont bother trying to get it on the first day.The q is usually really long.Just wait a few days and get it then
    Eh no not at all. You're thinking Tuesday of when we get back to college. This is the Tuesday of Orientation week is on. I've seen the queues both during orientation and during lecture week and if I could give you one bit of advice it would be to get it this week or you will be queueing for hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

gubbie wrote:
    Eh no not at all. You're thinking Tuesday of when we get back to college. This is the Tuesday of Orientation week is on. I've seen the queues both during orientation and during lecture week and if I could give you one bit of advice it would be to get it this week or you will be queueing for hours

It worked fine for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what exactly do I need to bring in with me to pick up my card

passport for Id.. but anything else?

• Advertisement

Yeah you need a passport/drivers liesence/birth cert to get your ID, plus your CAO number. For some strange reason they wouldn't accept my student card as ID... grr! I'm in an IT induction class at the moment actually :) Orientation was deffo worth going in for! Dont think I'l stick around for the BBQ though..

Advertisement