Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low interest rate consolidation loan?

Options
  • 03-09-2007 5:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm completely clueless when it comes to interest rates, fixed rates and all that. I really don't have a clue what i'm doing. Basically i have built up a reasonable amount of debt over the last few years. About 20k or there about. 15 with the bank(BOI) and 5 with the credit union.

Now i'm paying this all back reasonably well. At the moment i just don't like having 2 loans and 2 payments coming out of my bank every month. I'd like to bundle it all in to one monthly payment, ie ONE loan.

I'm just wondering what low rate loans are recommended? If anything i'd like to save a small amount on the repayments but don't really know where to look to. At the moment with BOI i'm on a variable rate and it's currently 11.1% Which i think is relatively high.

Any comments are more than welcome.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

http://www.halifax.ie/index.jsp?1nID=94&2nID=105&nID=117

halifax loan calculator which cited an APR of 6.9% fixed rate for your debt.

Fixing will leave you exposed to penalties should you wish to pay your loan back earlier. It does insulate you from uncertainty on rising interest rates.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

uberwolf wrote:
    http://www.halifax.ie/index.jsp?1nID=94&2nID=105&nID=117

halifax loan calculator which cited an APR of 6.9% fixed rate for your debt.

Fixing will leave you exposed to penalties should you wish to pay your loan back earlier. It does insulate you from uncertainty on rising interest rates.
    Thanks for that. It works out slightly cheaper than a fixed rate from BOI, who are the next cheapest i've found so far.

Advertisement