Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Irish Nightwish dates announced!!

• 03-09-2007 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

And long overdue it's been.

04/02/2008 Mandela Hall Belfast UK
    04/03/2008 Vicar Street Dublin Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Wow! I should be there to see that. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

God never saw that coming.. Hope there's a good turnout for it, should be a great gig.

Dublin gig tickets are on sale Tuesday 4th Sep @ 9am from www.ticketmaster.ie and all usual outlets.

Full info. soon.

www.dublinmetalevents.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

We'll probably see you there then!
    I'll be seeing a lot of Nightwish the next couple of years. I got tickets for Norway, Sweden, Finland, Austria and the UK. It's gonna be mental!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Oeneus wrote:
    I'll be seeing a lot of Nightwish the next couple of years. I got tickets for Norway, Sweden, Finland, Austria and the UK. It's gonna be mental!

Jesus... You're some fanboy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

Oeneus wrote:
    I'd be at most of them too if i could go. Damn school:mad: dammit i'd better be able to go i'm already excited :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Oral Slang wrote:
    Dublin gig tickets are on sale Tuesday 4th Sep @ 9am from www.ticketmaster.ie and all usual outlets.
    any idea how likely the tickets are to sell out. I'll have to round up a few friends who wouldn't really be into nightwish so could be a while before I can convince them / buy tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

By the way, anybody know when the new album is out

The new album is out on the 28th September.
    The new single, Amaranth is already out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Well I'm there anyway. Oeneus, will I be seeing you at the album launch in a few weeks?

Nightwish wrote:
    Well I'm there anyway. Oeneus, will I be seeing you at the album launch in a few weeks?

Totally! When's your flight booked for? I fly out on the 25th from Stansted at 20:40 I think.

• Advertisement

I'm flying from Heathrow at 5pm on the 25th. I still haven't found a hotel yet. Helsinki is very expensive.

I am very curious as to the playlist for the tour. I suppose we're all wondering what old stuff Anette will be singing.

Well if money's an issue bag yourself a hostel. I went for this one http://www.erottajanpuisto.com/eng/

Dorms for €23 was pretty decent.

I think the setlist will be pretty predictable as far as old songs go. I think it's pretty confirmed that Ever Dream, Nemo, Wishmaster, Come Cover Me, Sleeping Sun and Wish I Had An Angel will be on there. I'm praying for a little bit of Dead Gardens or Romanticide, but I doubt it.

No hostels for me! I'm a creature of comfort! I'm looking at a hotel near the train station, so hopefully I'll get it sorted this week.

I thought Wishmaster was gone, as Tuomas was sick of it. I'm also hoping for Dead Gardens and Romanticide. With the addition of The Poet and the Pendulum, I reckon it may not leave much room for my beloved Ghost Love Score. There'll be some oldies I take it, that weren't played during Once Upon a Tour. I would like to hear more Oceanborn seeing as it was pretty much left out of the last tour with the exception of Sleeping Sun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

This is excellent news. Hopefully their gig will last a bit longer than the last time I saw them. Their set at Download 2005 was cut short due to delayed thanks to an idiot baggage handler from Vienna apparently.
    Now to try to round up a crew from Galway to head up there. It's a bit awkward that it's a mid-week gig but what can you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Out Of Order

Nice one OP, just ordered my ticket!
    Any info about support?

Nice one OP, just ordered my ticket!
    Any info about support?
    Hopefully not Tristania. I wasn't too impressed with them at Nightwish's London show two years ago. Maybe Sinergy could tour with them again?

Tristania were fantastic! Just the sound sucked. Anyway they've lost Vibeke so I doubt they'll be touring together. Usually bands that come here hire a local band to support, which I hope doesnt happen. Also Sinergy won't be touring with them seeing as Kimberly Goss still hasn't really forgiven Marco for walking out on them all those years ago.

No, H said that it's tour support, so we'll live & hope that its someone decent!

Well I'll see if I can find out when I hopefully meet them in a few weeks!

What are Rodrigo and Gabriella doing on the 3rd April. they live in Dublin and they kick major ass! I bet their booking fees are quite high though.

• Advertisement

Oeneus wrote:
    What are Rodrigo and Gabriella doing on the 3rd April. they live in Dublin and they kick major ass! I bet their booking fees are quite high though.

Yeah we were only talking about that the other day, but their booking fees are indeed enormous, so can't see it being them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Out Of Order

Didn't Edguy support them in the UK a couple of years ago? They're on my 'to see' list.
    I think Old Season would be well suited for local support.

Oeneus wrote:
    What are Rodrigo and Gabriella doing on the 3rd April. they live in Dublin and they kick major ass!
    They are pretty good but I don't think they would combine well with Nightwish.

They're touring the States with Paradise Lost again, so hopefully someone as good as them will support. It was nice to have a support that were almost the opposite of Nightwish, when they supported them before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

its not til april!i thought it would be a lot closer

They're going to Americaland and Scandinavia with a detour to Israel firstly.

Fair play to Ticketmaster, my tickets arrived in the post today having been booked on Monday. I don't remember them ever being this prompt before.

Mine arrived today also. UK and Dutch ticketmaster are on the ball too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Oh, didn't know that... should grab me tickets for that :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Pity it is a thursday and I may not be able to go... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Advertisement