Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local heroes get a mention on Sunday Game

• 03-09-2007 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Did anybody watch the 'Sunday Game' last night on RTE 2?

I was delighted to see some of our Senior hurlers getting a much deserved mention in the 'Team of 2007':

Tony Browne
    Ken McGrath
    Michael 'Brick' Walsh
    Dan 'The Man' Shanahan

The above were picked by the pundits last night. Fantastic to see four lads from the Waterford team getting credit where it's well due. I might point out too that Stephen Molomphy narrowly lost out to (I think) J Tyrrell of Kilkenny but that could have gone either way as they said.

When asked for 'Hurler Of The Year' all three pundits unamiously picked the one & only.....Dan Shanahan!

Well done lads, ye done us all proud. Well done to all on the team, to Justin, to everybody involved. You've given us a fantastic year of hurling, one we'll never forget (for all the right reasons),a sheer credit to you and here's to next year!

Up the Deisé!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Let's hope it's reflected in the Allstars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

deisemum wrote:
    Let's hope it's reflected in the Allstars

Absolutely! Big Dan should definitely get HOTY, no doubt about it IMO.

All the other lads mentioned deserve All Stars this year too.

Take Tony Browne for example, the cornerstone of Deisé hurling for over a decade now, let's hope he can add a hat-trick to his collection from 2006 & 1998.

I'd love to see 'The Brick Walsh' anointed with his first, his leadership qualities shone through this year & let's hope there's plenty more to come.

Ken is no stranger to an All Star or two either. His outstanding ability to catch ball when it really matters is nothing short of amazing, just one of his many skills & accuracies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

No Cork players in the 15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

deisemum wrote:

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

deisemum wrote:

I know! Sounds strange when you think of it. Every year they're always in there. (Perhaps the ban had an influence over it)?

Maybe the official results will differ. Let's hope the nominations for our lads remain the same though.

Waterford people - forget about recent threads on this Waterford section such as traffic jams & pizza:rolleyes:

This is what you should be talking about.

Well done to our 5 all stars, and our local hurler of the year!;)

Hip Hip Hurrah!

Advertisement