Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What do I need to get done?

Options
  • 03-09-2007 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭

I have had a problem with my company car since I first got it (i.e. just over a year ago), in that it always drifts/pulls left.
    I know its not the camber of the road, as I 've tried it on flat roads, etc.

I dropped it in for its first service a couple of weeks ago and asked them to have a look and see, they said they'd do the tracking and it should fix it.

Well it didn't, so seeing as the tracking didn't fix it, any ideas what could be the cause??

I need to have an idea what needs to be done before I ring the lease company otherwise they'll just say, get it done in the next service....as usual.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's not a Mondeo is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Do you have maintenance contract? If so just call your fleet provider and get them to sort it out.

But 9 times out of 10, tracking will solve a steering issue as per your description. But it could be that the camber is wrong at one wheel. Get a full wheel alignment check done - not just the tracking.

@colm - that Mondeo tyre wear issue seems to have been sorted - the 'problem' seemed to disappear on 2004 models.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

i'm open to correction on this but i'd imagine if the tyre was unevenly worn for a year due to bad tracking, it probably needs new tyres

cantdecide wrote:
    i'm open to correction on this but i'd imagine if the tyre was unevenly worn for a year due to bad tracking, it probably needs new tyres

Possibly - but it really depends on how far 'adrift' the wheel alignment is. A small deviation will result in more than normal wear, but a large deviation will result in rapid wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

crosstownk wrote:
    Do you have maintenance contract? If so just call your fleet provider and get them to sort it out.

But 9 times out of 10, tracking will solve a steering issue as per your description. But it could be that the camber is wrong at one wheel. Get a full wheel alignment check done - not just the tracking.

@colm_mc.....no its a civic saloon.

Thanks, I'll ring them and ask to get a full alignment check done so, hopefully it'll fix it as it drives (no pun intended) me mad.

Could this be done by advance pitstop? as my fleet service maintenance card can be used there. It's just I don't want to have to leave it at a garage for a day again.....last time they "forgot" to have a courtesy car left for me!

• Advertisement

lafors wrote:

Could this be done by advance pitstop? as my fleet service maintenance card can be used there.

Advance can do it - but not all branches as not some don't have 4 wheel laser alignment equipment. I know the Naas Rd branch has it.

And - eh - what colour is that maintenance card....................?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

crosstownk wrote:
    Advance can do it - but not all branches as not some don't have 4 wheel laser alignment equipment. I know the Naas Rd branch has it.

And - eh - what colour is that maintenance card....................?

Cool.
    Its white, here's a pic...

Advertisement