Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G modem problem

Options
  • 03-09-2007 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭

I bought one of the 3 data modems last week, (€129 + €20 a month) but I cant get it to work. A friend has one also so I gave him mine to see would it work on his laptop and it does, then his wouldn't work on my laptop so the problem seems to be my computer not accepting the software. My friend cant seem to sort it out and he wants to erase everything off my computer and reload it again starting from scratch. I wonder is this necessary and I would rather avoid doing that.
    Did any of you have a similar problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

it might be a coverage problem in your area?? a mate of mine got a 3 modem and it did not work at all in the rush area, so he went and got a vodafone card and that worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭corkie

When i got first, it just would not work. See this post how i got it to work eventually. regards, John

It may work for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Tyanks for that corkie, I'll see how that goes. Its not a coverage problem either.

Advertisement