Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband - City Centre.

Options
  • 03-09-2007 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭

Moving to Galway City soon, have a place sorted out in the city centre. Need to get some sort of broadband connection in and not really aware of the options I have. There's a phone line going into the place, however, it's not activated and I'd rather not have to fork out extortionate line rental + a monthly broadband charge over to the cowboys in Eircom.

I was considering getting 3G from O2 or the likes, does anyone have any experience with that service? Do NTL do cable internet in the area? Maybe there's a wireless operator in the area too?

I'm not really too interested in gaming or download, more concerned about having an always on connection. Suggestions?

Cheers!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

digiweb metro, ntl cable, all 3g operators, ibb breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Is 3g any good in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I use NTL at home, and Eircom at work.

I'd go NTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Magnet all the way !!!
    I signed up for a 4mb package and my line reads 9mb :D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

i'm with smart telecom.. never had a problem.. even through the rough patch..
    plus i get what i pay for.. no contention.. i do multiple checks and its never been less than what its supposed to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I'm with NTL .... hmmm can't say I'd recommend them but then I'm using this for work / home ... they've had a LOT of ups ad downs over the last year .. and I guess downtime during the day they find acceptable but I don't ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Has anyone used a 3g service in the city? Smart looks like a hot ticket . . .

Advertisement