Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

timers

Options
  • 03-09-2007 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Looking for advice as to what kind of timers are available.

I want to be able to run a pump for roughly 2 - 15 seconds a few times a day and id like to be able to do it automaticly, is that possible using an over the counter timer?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 hjsimpson

What kind of pump?
    Power rating?
    Most over the counter timers work in minutes rather than seconds....

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭maniac101

Something like this might do the trick (single channel version), if you can house it indoors. It requires 230V supply and switches an AC signal to your pump (max 10A). A bit pricey but if you ring the suppliers they might be able to suggest something cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭saoranach

Its a 6W pump.

Thanks for the link, its looking fairly pricey I definitely dont want to spend that amount of money on it. Thanks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭saoranach

Its a 6W pump.

Thanks for the link, its looking fairly pricey I definitely dont want to spend that amount of money on it. Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Try www.radionics.ie and see what you can find. If its feasible, you might get a DIN-rail mounted timer that could be fitted to a small enclosure and do what you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Tell us the function and we could suggest methods...?

Advertisement