Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightwish at Vicar Street

Options
  • 03-09-2007 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

Did I or did I not see a listing for Nightwish at Vicar Street next April on Ticketmaster the other day?

I dunno how the new girl is but I wouldn't mind seeing them again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

If indeed you did see it can you remember when they said tickets would be available?

edit: just done a search - says "currently no tickets on sale for nightwish".
    doesn't mention anything about a possible gig?

edit again: from the nightwish site - 04/03/2008 Vicar Street Dublin Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I'm pretty sure this week.

I see the Dublin date on their site is up so I presume it's still going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Yeah, tickets went on sale today 4th Sep @ 9am from www.ticketmaster.ie and all usual outlets (thread about it in Rock/Metal)

No mention of support yet, but it will be tour support apparently..

www.dublinmetalevents.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

vicar street seems a very small venue for how big they are:(

vicar street seems a very small venue for how big they are:(

Being the best venue in Dublin imo I don't think it's a bad choice meself.

And if the gig sells out, then we might see more metal there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i thought they'd get the ambassador,is it sold out yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

I am definitely going!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Will see if I can go as is mid week. **** sake..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Heading to this this evening, and after reading reviews of the belfast/glasgow gig it sounds like it'll be a killer show.

Here's the setlist from glasgow/belfest in case you want to take a peek at it;
    Intro
    Bye Bye Beautiful
    Dark Chest of Wonders
    Whoever Brings the Night
    The Siren
    Amaranth
    The Islander
    The Poet and The Pendulum
    Dead to the World
    Last of the Wilds
    Sahara
    Nemo
    7 Days to the Wolves
    Wishmaster
    Wish I Hand an Angel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

ThanQ...
    Looking forward to this.

\0/

• Advertisement

Just back from this. Fantastic gig. All the members were in top form and put on a truly entertaining show. Sound was great as usual at vicar street. The setlist is as follows, but the order might be off.

Intro
    Bye Bye Beautiful
    Dark Chest of Wonders
    Whoever Brings the Night
    The Siren
    Amaranth
    The Poet and The Pendulum
    Sacrament of Wilderness
    The Islander
    Last of the Wilds
    Sahara
    Nemo
    7 Days to the Wolves
    Wishmaster
    Wish I Hand an Angel

During the islander and last of the wilds they had some guest musician on playing flute/bagpipes/tin whistle, who was brilliant. And the oceanborn song was great, I was well happy to hear something old like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Fusion158

Was at it too and would have to aggree, was an excelent show. Would definatly see them again. They gave it their all and it showed. Anyone get any good pictures of the gig?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I found it very disappointing tbh.
    The new singer doesn't have nearly the same range as Tarja or her stage presence.
    The sound was pretty bad in Vicar St too.
    Though as far as gigs so and if I didn't have the high expectations of it being Nightwish then it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Out Of Order

Wish I could agree with ya mp3guy, but I'm with Moonbeam.

I have been wanting to see them for a few years and I was really excited when I heard they were coming to Dublin.
    It was a good gig, but after watching 'From Wishes To Eternity' again the other day, I was expecting more.

Maybe it's because I prefer the Wishmaster/Century Child/Oceanborn era, but as you say the singer isn't a patch on Tarja, vocally, or in stage presence.

And I've never said this before, but the sound was actually better for the support band! WTF?

Edit: The Islander and Last of the Wilds were great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭evil-yoda

i thought they were awesome.... i was well pleased! id love to see them again sometime!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Had you seen them live before?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Had you seen them live before?

What difference does that make? If people had a good time, then they had a good time.

You might say you saw them before with tarja and they were amazing, but that means nothing to someone who saw them on thursday with anette and thought they were brilliant.

Long story short, sounds like you're trying to stir something up with the people who thought it was a good gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Sorry to resurrect an old thread guys, but if anyone remembers it'd be a huge help;

Did this show actually sell out? Me and a friend of mine are pissed off because Nightwish announced 4 tour dates for the UK in November before they jet off to Latin America for the next leg of their tour at the end of November and they didn't announce any Irish dates because the main metal promoter here isn't arsed asking them. They said "Compared to what they can do in the UK the market just isn't big enough for them here." Forgive me if I'm wrong but the queue to see them in Vicar Street was all the way down the bloody street, I remember it, the place was packed.

Really disappointing news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Sorry to resurrect an old thread guys, but if anyone remembers it'd be a huge help;

Did this show actually sell out? Me and a friend of mine are pissed off because Nightwish announced 4 tour dates for the UK in November before they jet off to Latin America for the next leg of their tour at the end of November and they didn't announce any Irish dates because the main metal promoter here isn't arsed asking them. They said "Compared to what they can do in the UK the market just isn't big enough for them here." Forgive me if I'm wrong but the queue to see them in Vicar Street was all the way down the bloody street, I remember it, the place was packed.

Really disappointing news.

Promoters tend to know their markets pretty well, if it would do well it would be put on, would also depend on what they were doing in other markets at the time they last played here - for example if there was only one UK show with it or something like that we'd get a lot of people travelling from there for a gig here.....

As far as I can remember this gig did sell out a week or two before the gig. I think the promoter's comments have more to the relative sizes of venues that Nightwish tend to perform in in the UK compared with their last visit here. For example, the venue Nightwish is playing in London, Brixton Academy, has a capacity of approximately 5,000. This is significantly larger than Vicar Street's capacity of approx. 1,500 people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement