Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long double phono cable

Options
  • 03-09-2007 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I would pick up a very long (20 meters) double phono cable?

I'm in Dublin city centre.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

Or anyone know of anywhere I could ring to ask. I've tried peats but they only sell 3 meter lengths

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

You could try Maplin or www.thomann.de I guess. It might be difficult to get phono cables that long. You could try soldering your own, if you can find the correct gauge cables and connectors. Or alternatively find female-female phono adapters and then hook several lengths of cable together to the length you require. But its possible that a long length of unbalanced cable like that might add significant noise to your signal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Audiocity http://www.audiocity.ie do a custom cable service. They should be able to make it up for you no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

Sorry should have updated this thread. I did manage to get 10 metre lengths in Peats. When I looked first I only tried the website and there was no lengths longer than 3 metres. I called in and bought 2 10 metre lengths and a connector.

Advertisement