Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lag Problems

Options
  • 03-09-2007 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I get alot of lag on-line and its costing me results in 2nd half of games. Wot causes this and is there anything i can do to improve it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Play people who live in the same country as you.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Make sure you're not downloading anything while playing as that will share your bandwith.

Use a fixed connection to your router rather than wireless if you re using that.

Try play against opponents local to your area (Ireland / UK as opposed to mainland Europe).

Avoid playing at busy times (5pm - 11pm) when most people are home using the broadband in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I notice when I play the fella's off here, it always lags! When I play with other people in different countries, nothing's wrong. If you know someone has Clear-wire, for the love of god don't play them! Awful awful lag!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

With the greatest respect Nailz, sure Cavan might as well be a different country altogether ;)

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I always got lag from irish broadband (cos they're crap) we got smart telecom now and very rarely get lag (cos they're good)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

SofaKing wrote:
    With the greatest respect Nailz, sure Cavan might as well be a different country altogether ;)

:p
    :eek: What!?! Ohhh, you don't start about Cavan being a farming 'middle of nowhere" county! It's the best county in Ireland, FACT (nicked that off the GAAH coach, say it even when he's talkin' total bullshít, FACT:D)! FACT!

Advertisement