Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone recommend a mercedes mechanic (W124 300CE)

Options
  • 03-09-2007 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I have a 300CE, 1990, 120K on the clock which is running well but want to get a full service (plugs, brakes etc..).. and also some small things fixed (windscreen wiper motor etc..)

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic / garage in Dublin on the Dart or near Wicklow?

Price less relevant than quality

This has probably been asked before but the search isn't working for some reason

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

nice car

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Terry Jackson Shankill (you said price less relevant...:eek:). A wiper motor may be a small thing to you, but the price won't be small, I think.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I had Terry do a bit of work on a W124 320E I used to own. Not only were his prices truly extortionate, but I didn't even find his work that good. I hear that he used to be good but expensive, I think now he's just expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 way2tall

Hi All..

Thanks for suggestions.. I like the just 'expensive' comment.. will have to keep looking..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Any idiot (well mechanic) can do a standard service on a w124. There's nothing to frighten the horses. That comes later when tackling the Bosch KE injection system.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 way2tall

so far the injection stuff seems okay.. although now that you mention it I have noticed some flooding / running very rich recently:-(

Advertisement