Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

watching the road races

• 03-09-2007 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭

What's the story with watching the road races this weekend? is the best place at the end of a straight at a turn/junction?
    Has anyone gone before and is it any craic?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

IMO - The best way to appreciate it is to walk around the circuit between races & pick a new spot (straight, corner, jump, etc.) for each race.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I don't like walking round too much as you can end up in a crap sopt more often than not. I'd land a bit early, find a good spot, stay there for a couple of hours and then go on a bit of a wander.

Try and pick a safe a spot as possible. Make sure you pay atteneion to the stewards directions too.

There's a couple of great spots toward the end of the track which is where I would situate myself, nice turns and small jumps. I won't be there this weekend though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Cool!
    I thought I'd be stuck at a junction with the route. you can just walk along the course till they're ready to start the race is it?

Can you just drive to near the course and park there?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Cool!
    I thought I'd be stuck at a junction with the route. you can just walk along the course till they're ready to start the race is it?

Yes. You can walk the track in between races too. Listen for the steward's directions though. They'll tell you when the next race is starting.
    Can you just drive to near the course and park there?

Yes, though it'll be busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You could try parking in Ardgillan Castle & walking to the course from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement