Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice for Venue - Charity Event - Alcohol Free

• 03-09-2007 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hey everyone,

Please help me with my problem, I need some genuine advice.

I am organising a small music event for charity, and I am desperately looking for a venue. The gig itself is an non-alcoholic event, mostly for under 18's, with all proceeds to the charity.

It is for next Wednesday, 12th September. I am really trying to find somewhere and would ask that you reply and give me some advice. No slagging or rubbish comments please.

Many Thanks,

SS.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

sports hall. you could ask the colleges

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 shadowspider

sports hall. you could ask the colleges
    Thank you very much for your reply.

Any recommendations of College Sports halls?

I'm looking currently at GAA clubs etc in South Dublin - as we'd be showcasing live music acts etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

How many people you expecting and are you willing to pay for a venue - makes a difference. Maybe upstairs in The International Bar on WicklowSt or JJ Smyths on Aungier St might be suitable for very small gigs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Temple bar? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

GAA clubs are prob your best bet, If all procedes are going to charity you can get the place for free. My mates sis put on a rock gig for all the kiddies of dalkey there a couple of years ago down the local club. Did pretty well as i remember and made loads of cash for whatever charity it was... plus there is the bar there for anybody who is over 18 and bored/dropping off the young uns ect..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

You could try Scruffy Murphy's off Mount Street. It's free to rent the upstairs part. It has a bar but you could get them to serve only soft drinks. I'm not sure how many people you're expecting though but the staff there are very nice and it should be easy enough to get on a Wednesday. There's a grand piano up there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

A big gym or hall attached to a school?

Cheers everyone for your responses!

Yeah, I'll try those places but there are major issues and squabbles from pub owners because they don't make money on alcohol and they are also liable for losing licence if one of my guests tries to buy drink.

GAA seems best bet, but I'll try those pubs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Try Local community centres too shadowspider.

Thanks Tallus for your response.
    Would any of you like to go? It's in aid of Aware.

Tell all your younger siblings, family, friends etc. if you're too old to go! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement