Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fees

Options
  • 03-09-2007 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Got a bank giro form today for First Year Master by Research, for €10,000.00.... What the.... Guess they printed the non-EU fees on the form, seeing that the fee for EU students are €5,000.00 per academic year, right? -->
    http://www.ucd.ie/fees/fees/postgraduate/human_sciences_fees.htm

Academic year does mean the three semesters Sept-Dec, Jan-March and April-May, correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

flodis79 wrote:
    Got a bank giro form today for First Year Master by Research, for €10,000.00.... What the.... Guess they printed the non-EU fees on the form, seeing that the fee for EU students are €5,000.00 per academic year, right? -->
    http://www.ucd.ie/fees/fees/postgraduate/human_sciences_fees.htm

Academic year does mean the three semesters Sept-Dec, Jan-March and April-May, correct?
    Officially it's two semesters, Sept-Dec and Jan-May, but yes, that is one academic year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

possibly????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

x keo21 wrote:
    possibly????

Look at the link I posted up, it clearly says that Masters by research is €5,000.00 for EU students for 1st year, and that's what I will commence.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭inverted_world

I got my giro yesterday saying my course was 9,600 too for the masters, and the site says 4,800. I'm calling tomorrow about it, because if they expect me to pay that amount, I'll have to pull out of the course. It's ridiculous. The fees are meant to be paid by Sunday, and they can't even do that right.

I got my giro yesterday saying my course was 9,600 too for the masters, and the site says 4,800. I'm calling tomorrow about it, because if they expect me to pay that amount, I'll have to pull out of the course. It's ridiculous. The fees are meant to be paid by Sunday, and they can't even do that right.

Are you doing a 2-year Masters? If so, perhaps they put the total fee for 2 years of study? For me, they have actually put me up for the wrong masters degree, and I have been in contact with the administrator of the School to get it corrected. They put me up for a 2-year course, which would be totally €10,000.00, but my course is only year, and therefore 'just' €5,000.00.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭inverted_world

No, I'm doing a one year masters, which is meant to be 4,800. The non EU fees are 9,600 though. I'm calling tomorrow to get it fixed. I nearly died of shock. I've been sick all day worrying that I'd have to turn down my place after all.

Did you have to get a separate giro sent out?
    It's a pain in the neck, it starts on Tuesday ane they are giving us a week to sort the mess out.

No, I'm doing a one year masters, which is meant to be 4,800. The non EU fees are 9,600 though. I'm calling tomorrow to get it fixed. I nearly died of shock. I've been sick all day worrying that I'd have to turn down my place after all.

Did you have to get a separate giro sent out?
    It's a pain in the neck, it starts on Tuesday ane they are giving us a week to sort the mess out.

No I dont really care about the giro form as I intend to pay online via SIS web, which as we speak is down... I am sure it's 4,800 for you and 5,000 for me, as that what I have been promised before. Looking at the fees web pages, all fees are indeed per academic _year_ if not otherwise noted, and there is not asterisk or anything for the fee of my programme.

Please keep us posted on what they tell you tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I've heard of at least one other person being asked for 10,000 for an MA that costs 4,800.

I got sent two giros today. At least both quoted what I was expection (4,800). Bloody UCD.

Advertisement