Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Birthday - Goddaughter

Options
  • 03-09-2007 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone any ideas on what I could get my goddaughter for her first birthday?
    I really have no idea what to get her. :(

Regan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Ask her parents if there's anything practical that she needs, otherwise head to the nearest toyshop and find the brightest coloured, noisiest toy you can (that's what 1 year old's love ;) (parents may not like the noisy part though ;) ). She's too young yet to appreciate any special meaningful presents, save those for when she's older.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

both my daughters got money boxes as pressies for very early birthdays. one was N e w b r i d g e silver and really beautiful, the other was pretty china/type one that looked like ornament. they got so many toys and clothes, i was delighted with the gifts. eldest is now 12, other is 8, and the money boxes are still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

How about a children's savings account with a few quid put into it?
    You can add to it at future birthdays/christmases.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

A biggish stuffed toy (about half the size of the child). Something soft, bright colours, cleanable and if possible without anything that can be bitten off (button eyes, etc.).

Mongey (actually a Gorilla) got a great reception.

Eddy minds her in bed everynight

Piggy got his nose bitten off.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

A keepsake like a picture frame, Newbridge, or crystal would be good. Toys come and go, but its nice to have something to keep to remember a childs first birthday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Gabsdot

I worked with a girl once whose god father bought her a pearl ever year for her birthday and then had them made into a necklace on her 21st birthday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Bonds...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Gabsdot wrote:
    I worked with a girl once whose god father bought her a pearl ever year for her birthday and then had them made into a necklace on her 21st birthday

Man, that's the nicest thing ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Gabsdot

I worked with a girl once whose God father got her a pearl for each of her birthday and had them made up into a necklace for her 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Bramblewood Creations, Stephens Green Ctr.
    They made personalise Hardback Children books, Stories and fairy tales customised i.e child's name , parent's name ,sister and brother's address etc used in stories. Make s a great present.

• Advertisement
Advertisement