Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Weird Problem

Options
  • 03-09-2007 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭

Ok, ill start by saying the internet is down on the computer im writing this with. Basically, i can access boards.ie and a few other sites (very few) but 99% of sites time out. It has been like this on and off all weekend and seemed ok today until about 30 mins ago and boom, same again. Anyone got any idea what could be causing this.

Btw, im with IOL for broadband and have 2 computers here with a wireless router. Both computers have the same problem.

Cheers,
    Dec.

PS. I posted this in the Broadband section also, but i would doubt it has anything specifically to do with Broadband so here may be better. If it should be elsewhere, can a mod move it. Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Sounds like its either a DNS issue or the wireless, try pluging a cat5 cable from your PC to the routher and see if you have the same issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

may be a stupid question but what is a cat5 cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Basically it is a "broadband" or "ethernet" cable.

Looks like this:

Main-PLugs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

Yup, thats the type i use. Funnily enough, almost as soon as i left the last message this site went also. I went into the connection settings and Auto Detect Settings was unticked. Ticked that and seems too be good now (fingers crossed). Cheers for the replies anyway and hopefully i wont have the problem again :)

Advertisement