Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus & Guns

Options
  • 03-09-2007 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

trying to book a flight online and they have an option for prepaid sports equipment(Golf clubs etc.) but no option for Guns. I know they allow carriage of guns but seems only option is to pay a higher fee when you arrive to check in.

Has anyone recently travelled with guns on aerlingus and how did they pay the baggage fee.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

I thought it was only Ryanair that took the guns?? In any case we usually just turn up early and check them in. On the last trip to the UK we had a stand off on the return journey because they wanted to charge our group €140 excess baggage because they included the weight of the guns on the way back. They didnt charge us on the way out. A UK cop interviened and told the check in manager to get real!!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

my question answered!

They charge 30euro when you arrive!

Ryanair won't allow guns:

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/conditions.php?pos=MYFLIGHT

(see bottom of page)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

No, you took me up wrong... They put the guns through the fragile baggage section in Dublin and we collected them at the other end- NO CHARGE. But when we left the UK a few days later they weighed the guns and tried to add the weight/charge to our other baggage. Mind you thats the only time it happened, normally we dont pay.

Oh, ok thanks Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Gang of us went Aerlingus in July, one of us had pre-booked as fishing gear the rest didnt, werent charged outward but were on return, twas pistols so the weight issue wouldnt have come up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

I travel to the UK two or three times a year with my rifle and ammo, never been charged, ever, I use BMI, brilliant service with a huge smile.:)

Do you put the ammo in the same case as the gun?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

No way, put the ammo in a locked metal container, like the ammo boxes the army use and engineer a lock and receiver for it. Both go through the over sized luggage.

Make sure that you repaint the metal container any colour other than green or DPM, mine is sky blue.........

Advertisement