Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MBA Trinity or Smurfit?

Options
  • 03-09-2007 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Anyone got any experience Trinity is higher in the rankings and Smurfit barely made the 100 in the FT which is worrying. If its leaves the top 100 I personally think its finished.

Anyone never liked rankings as I feel there not an accurate representation of a course. Anyone know of how each is perceived in Ireland and abroad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

ranking, like its close relative 5 letters further on in the alphabet, is a very personal experience.

As a holder of a more bull added degree, imo, once u get beyond the top 3 or 4 in US and Europe then it is pretty irrelevant.
    Only the top schools have effective alumni/networking groups of any value.

In terms of it being finished, I cant agree because, as the Leaving Cert is oncreasingly being dumbed down, the professional bodoes are raising the bar for membership: from 2012, to become a chartered engineer, u will need a masters degreee so the same will begin to apply across the other professions.

Look at what is happening in medicine: lower points plus an interview.
    with ltd spaces this will lead to a quota system, x % of places for points only students and the rest for points plus interview.

For all its faults, the LC is pretty immune to manipulation, once you introduce a system of interviews, 'stroke-politics' will creep in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

Smurfit has the best boys network.

Most senior execs around have a BCom
    and a lot of the new guys have a BCom & smurfit MBA

Edit:
    Thats in Ireland only

Advertisement