Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debs - Am I forgetting anything?

Options
  • 04-09-2007 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

I've been invited to a debs on wednesday night (probably in response to asking her to my grads on a later night).
    So far, I have the suit, the car and the corsage all organised and I'm working on the present for her mother.

I just have this nagging feeling that I've forgotten something. Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

ID, money, booze, camera, passport possibly just in case. If you're bringing a girlfriend, expect a fight. Seriously. The amount of couples who argue on debs night really is incredible.

Incidentally, I never got why a present 'should' be bought for the mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Fresh underwear and shiney shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Can't suggest much extra to bring.

Did you see your man in the paper during the week who brought his lady to the debs by helicopter? Talk about upping the standard ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Deadevil129

Present for the mother? Christ, I should probably warn the boyfriend bout that. =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Myth wrote:
    If you're bringing a girlfriend, expect a fight. Seriously. The amount of couples who argue on debs night really is incredible.

Any idea what we're likely to fight about? I'm a little bit nervous now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

I'm working on the present for her mother.

Yikes! That isn't happening this end, then again she's not a girlfriend, but rather a friend so it's not expected....

Here's hoping:confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Out of curiosity, what ideas have you for the present? I'm going to my girlfriend's debs on Thursday and I am actually clueless about what I'm supposed to do!

Any idea what we're likely to fight about? I'm a little bit nervous now.

Yeah, you remember last week when you hesitated when she asked you if she looked fat in something?

Seriously, wtf? I dunno, it just happens a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 k-k-k-katie

Flowers and chocolates or a bottle of wine....
    thats all i ever got anyways!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

My boyfriend brought the corsage, Milk Tray and a bottle of white wine to my house. Bring ID incase they're horrible people like last night's. Didn't even think about ID because last year's was so lax, wouldn't have fit into my bag anyway. Almost 19 and no stamp..one drink per person and they refused to serve doubles for a while. They DID relax 2 hours later but still...so frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

I've been back now for three hours and fortuantely the only thing I forgot was the names of all her friends. Repeatedly.

Was good enough though. Bit tired now but I think I'll stay up just to see how long I can go. Should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

how much money did yous spend on drinks?

Advertisement