Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General assistance thread

• 04-09-2007 4:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

Its what it says on the tin! If anyone has some minor UCD related difficulties post away and I will try assist if I can. I am sure others can help also. With 5,000 newbies there is bound to be some problems. Hope I can help.

Pride Fighter

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Fridays tend to be optional in the first few weeks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If you want bitter, sarcastic advice based on 5 years here, feel free to give me a shout :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭x keo21

this has been going on for a while. no1 seem s to no definitivly what the story is. i rang ucd but no answer, theres a surprise , please respond without dry sarcasism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

The answer seems to be that 3rd years CAN take 1st year modules. But everyone keeps saying I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

No I'm sorry 3rd years can not take 1st year modules. Someone may only take a module from the year above or the year below or the same year. You may only take a 1st year module if its a language

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Its one of those grey areas that UCD has many of.

I never got my giro in the post so I had to physically go into admin to get it. I then went to Astra hall to get my student card but I was told by a rather attractive lady that I cannot until I have my fees paid. Kinda sucks doesnt it.

My main grievance is that my blackboard only has 7 of my 12 subjects for the year on it. What should I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Give them a bit more time, some courses may not have been registered etc.

Else email computing services who'll forward on the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

/edit...woops false alarm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Rafadagaffer

Does the 7b go by the campus at all, or anywhere within reasonable walking distance?

I dont have any subjects up on my blackboard but im registered properly. Who can I contact to sort this out? :confused:

Thanks for any help given

• Advertisement

I am not sure of my 7's but one of them goes to Donnybrook about 12-18 minutes walk from UCD. Another one goes to Ballsbridge about 20-25 minutes walk from UCD. I get the one of the 10's one of the 46's and the 145 to UCD, I am never waiting more than 5 minutes in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Rafadagaffer

Ok thanks anyways, 46a it is then.

Give them a bit more time, some courses may not have been registered etc.

Else email computing services who'll forward on the problem.

I have just emailed them, thanks for the advice, Ill post if they dthe stuff for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Hi!
    Could anyone tell me what "week" it is please.
    It says on my calendar that it's week 4 yet it says week 1 commences on 10 September! The whole regestration process is really doing my head in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Hi!
    Could anyone tell me what "week" it is please.
    It says on my calendar that it's week 4 yet it says week 1 commences on 10 September! The whole regestration process is really doing my head in!

Well Monday is week one. Every week from there on counts, so the first week of semester 2 is week 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

dajaffa wrote:
    Well Monday is week one. Every week from there on counts, so the first week of semester 2 is week 20.

Alright, thanks. Think I underand...
    It does say its week 4 though. Anyway, it means I don't have the tutorials I thought I did tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Anyone know if you need Student IDs for the student bar tommorrow?
    It does say its week 4 though.
    Such is the logic of UCD, 'tis week 4 but really, its week 1. Your lecturers should fill you in on all the tutorial stuff in your first lecture, but yeah...tutorials normally don't start till the second week afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭fitzgese

can anyone tell me where i need to go to get my grant form stamped? thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Anyone know how to get a pdf printout of a timetable? I swore i could get it last year but i cant seem to find it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

fitzgese wrote:
    can anyone tell me where i need to go to get my grant form stamped? thanks in advance.

Admin building, just across from the arts block

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I know someones answered this before but I can't remember what they said.

Anyone know how to check your printer credit from a laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Dammit.... I thought I had mondays free, but i just checked my calendar now and it seems i've been automatically assigned to a practical today.

It was for COMP20010 (Data Structures and Algorithms I think)... Would it have been on? Considering we havent had a lecture yet, like!

Anybody go to it? What did I miss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

GFs sister went to register in UCD today and the English (1st Arts) is full.

How can she get into it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

DaveMcG wrote:
    Dammit.... I thought I had mondays free, but i just checked my calendar now and it seems i've been automatically assigned to a practical today.

It was for COMP20010 (Data Structures and Algorithms I think)... Would it have been on? Considering we havent had a lecture yet, like!

Anybody go to it? What did I miss?
    If you haven't had the lecture it's very doubtful there would have actually been a practical on. I was around for most of the day anyway and didn't see anything in the second year labs, so you'll probably be ok. My guess is that they won't be on until next week after you've had a few lectures.
    It can be good fun, DSA. Especially if Aaron Quigley's doing it - his pracs are often interesting and fun to tackle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cheers man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

GFs sister went to register in UCD today and the English (1st Arts) is full.

How can she get into it?

Basically keep going back every day. There's always a good chance of people dropping out of the course if they get a higher CAO iffer or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Anyone know how to get a pdf printout of a timetable? I swore i could get it last year but i cant seem to find it now

Just copy it to Microsoft Excel. Change the printing setting to 'Landscape'. Print the document.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Cheers, Ill tell her to do that so. Thanks.

DYB

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Kilgore-Trout

Does the 7b go by the campus at all, or anywhere within reasonable walking distance?

The 7b stops right outside the college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

when does the parking start to get better,
    I have a lecture at 1 and would like to druve in for it, would there generally be a few coming free round this time? people going home etc...........

Advertisement