Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General assistance thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Not really.....

In saying that situation may be slightly changed since they've been patrolling the car parks but like the Merville Car parks are full by 9 every morning until around 5 or so. I'm guessing the situation is quite similar all around campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

ah well thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Waltons wrote:
    It can be good fun, DSA. Especially if Aaron Quigley's doing it - his pracs are often interesting and fun to tackle
    Agreed - Aaron Quigley's courses are a lot of work, but well worth putting the effort in for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cool :) I had a lecture with him today. He's pretty good! The course doesn't seem as bad as I expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Where is the 10a bus stop on campus I know where the 10 is does the 10a go to the same place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I don't think the 10a stops in the grounds. It comes from stillorgan, as far as I know, and stops at the stop just outside the main gate. As far as I know, it goes the same way as the normal 10 does when it leaves campus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I got my blackboard sorted. A guy called Garrett Coughlan from IT emailed me to inform me he fixed it for me. Fair play to him. He also said 2 of my courses dont use blackboard which I find odd. Anyway I am glad its sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

stolenwine wrote:
    Where is the 10a bus stop on campus I know where the 10 is does the 10a go to the same place.

I think the 10a goes to the Stillorgan shopping centre. It stops on the ramp outside the college along with all 46's, 145, 746 etc......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Does the 7b go by the campus at all, or anywhere within reasonable walking distance?
    I think it does...
    It leaves from right outside my apartment so I'm gonna hop on it tomorrow and just ride around in it :) Fun times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

Warning: the following may be incredibly stupid. Please keep in mind that I'm a n00b international student whose adviser here is a bit on the inattentive side.

Do I have to be registered for the year at this point? Can I be registered for the year at this point?

• Advertisement

You can be registered at this point, you must be registered by september 28th.

However if you're a postgrad, they seem to go badly wrong a lot so it may take more time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nebula21

Hey,
    I've got a couple of quick questions,

1. I've missed my orientation and my first 5 days of college due to illness, will b bak dis mon. Shud i produce a doctors note for the college? Nd can i get all the notes i missed out on?

2. I'm registered for my course, however i'm unable to register for my 60 credits for the year, i can only get 45 nd dat incudes my 2 electives. It appears my core/option modules is incomplete however i can't select anything else.

If anyone can shed any light on either of my problems it would be much appreciated.

1. You don't need a sick note, if you're i a small course maybe go to your year head and explain you were sick if you feel the need, he could also she light on your missing core subjects.

Just print off your notes on blackboard if the lecturer has them up (most do) if not, photocopy someone elses notes. Don't worry it's the first week, you won't have missed much.

2. As above talk to your year head if you've got one, if not contact your programme office.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

PennyLane wrote:
    Warning: the following may be incredibly stupid. Please keep in mind that I'm a n00b international student whose adviser here is a bit on the inattentive side.

Do I have to be registered for the year at this point? Can I be registered for the year at this point?

You must be registred before the 21st, not the 28th. So the email said today anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

nebula21 wrote:
    Hey,
    I've got a couple of quick questions,

1. I've missed my orientation and my first 5 days of college due to illness, will b bak dis mon. Shud i produce a doctors note for the college? Nd can i get all the notes i missed out on?

Sick notes would only be required if you couldn't do some course work, missed an exam, missed a mid term or were applying for extenuating circumstances. Not needed for a few days absense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nebula21

Cheers lads, u've put my mind at ease :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

PennyLane wrote:

You should be registered by the 24th, if you're not...
    UCD wrote:
    A late registration fee of 250 EURO will apply to any student who has not registered to their programme by September 24th 2007. For further details please check http://www.ucd.ie/fees/fees_registration.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Does anybody else have a message on SIS that their fees are still being processed? There is a different sum of money on the SIS site than what I paid. I paid exactly half of the amount stated on the giro. I also paid the administration fee previous to that so not sure what they want.

Advertisement