Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bioshock - quick question

Options
  • 04-09-2007 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Just started playing bioshock and loving it so far (except for a propensity of right click ing to zoom when I have a weapon in hand - damn you battlefield!!) . Quick question though, multiple players on the one machine (one at a time). is it possible to have more than one set of save games so that two people can play on the same machine or is the game strictly one at a time ?

admittedly i havent really search that hard for it (a quick google but returning mainly reviews and boards posts but nothing on profiles) , just thought someone else might already have looked it up.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Only got it last night myself but i assume if you just save it to a different file then you can have as many people playing at once as you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

There is no limit whatsoever on how many saves you make,

Just be sure that you know which ones are yours and which ones are the other persons,

Won't be hard to distinguish

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, it works the same as most other PC games in that sense, you can create as many saves as you like. It might be hard to tell them apart though, it names the saves according to what area you're in, I didn't get an option to name my own saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

or... you could go to the folder "My Documents\Bioshock\" and in there will be a folder named "SaveGames". name that folder something like "SaveGames_LoLth" then when the other person starts up and save a new save folder will be created with his save games in it. Tell him to rename his the same way, then whenever you are going to play the game just remove the "_LoLth" from your folder name and Bioshock will load all of your saves, tell the other guy to do the same, just remember to put the "_LoLth" back after you've finished playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

L31mr0d wrote:
    or... you could go to the folder "My Documents\Bioshock\" and in there will be a folder named "SaveGames". name that folder something like "SaveGames_LoLth" then when the other person starts up and save a new save folder will be created with his save games in it. Tell him to rename his the same way, then whenever you are going to play the game just remove the "_LoLth" from your folder name and Bioshock will load all of your saves, tell the other guy to do the same, just remember to put the "_LoLth" back after you've finished playing.

or you could just create a seperate windows user account for the second person (start > control panel > users)
    the game is set up so that individual users will have their own savegames

• Advertisement
Advertisement