Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which "supercar" does slow the best?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

tdc wrote:
    so what if it has the same engine? the 599 engine is a detuned enzo engine. the performance figures on a 599 dont compare to those of an enzo.

That was kind of my point... The way the Ascari AZ1 is closer to an F430 than an Enzo, but it's still considered a hypercar by some people. So I said the 599 uses the same engine as an enzo but it's not a hypercar...

I'm finding it hard to believe that people are arguing over this.... it's all to do with personal perspective, someone who doesn't know about cars could think an elise is a supercar. Most Joe soaps wouldn't know that an SL65 will wipe most Ferraris out of it... or even believe that they cost over 300k

And as pointed out on a previous thread, after the 16m lotto win and the winner bought his 2 sons car, some journalist thought that a bmw 530d was a supercar simply because of it's pricetag.

I personally have no interest in Mareratti and would never sonsider them anything more than a luxury sports car.... some would consider them a supercar because they love them. There is no definitive list!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Wow factor comes into it too.

i see a Porsche 911 and I think great, but hey I see 2 or three a day. I see and SL65, I think cool, but it is essentially the same as an SL350 to look at.

I see a Diablo, I think WOW. That is the supercar difference in my book. But as Steve06 said, each to their own. My Boss sees a Ferrari Enzo, and he'll say, "stupid fekkin thing, no good for anything"....

prospect wrote:
    Wow factor comes into it too.

i see a Porsche 911 and I think great, but hey I see 2 or three a day. I see and SL65, I think cool, but it is essentially the same as an SL350 to look at.

I see a Diablo, I think WOW. That is the supercar difference in my book. But as Steve06 said, each to their own. My Boss sees a Ferrari Enzo, and he'll say, "stupid fekkin thing, no good for anything"....
    Exactly... I know people who'll see that orange gallardo and say "w@nker.... don't look at hime, why give him the satisfaction.... f'ing show off"

I don't get that attidude, it's pathetic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

steve06 wrote:
    Exactly... I know people who'll see that orange gallardo and say "w@nker.... don't look at hime, why give him the satisfaction.... f'ing show off"

I don't get that attidude, it's pathetic!

yep its the typical Irish begrudgeary coming out, if I see a lambo or ferenghi i say fair fecks to the person who bought it

as for Maseratis, I see your point, I wouldn't consider them to be supercars either, more sports tourers. I'm looking into getting a 99 - 01 Maserati 3200 GT at the moment, but it will be next year by the time I get to purchase I think, 380bhp from a 3.2 litre twin charged V8 is not too shabby, plus in my mind it's more exclusive than the equivalent powered Skyline, Evo Scoobie etc without costing a lot more

• Advertisement
Advertisement